(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

I'm not surprised in the slightest, he's always spouted pretty hard-right opinions. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Jon Schaffer has turned himself in and faces six charges related to the Capitol riots:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced-earths-jon-schaffer-arrested-for-role-in-capitol-riot/

Fucking about time. Now for Century to drop his ass and for Iced Earth and Demons and Wizards to disband.

2 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Fucking about time. Now for Century to drop his ass and for Iced Earth and Demons and Wizards to disband.

Century haven't announced anything yet, but they removed all Iced Earth releases and merch from their webshops and removed the band from the artists roster on their homepage. Same for Demons and Wizards. It is probably only a matter of time until they officially announce that they dropped both bands. 

Good. His other bands will probably be dropped too but frankly I never gave a fuck about any of them, especially Sons of Liberty.

It's a shame though, D&W introduced me to Blind Guardian and I adored the self-titled, and on the IE side of things I enjoyed all of it and Cthulhu was my jam for a long ass time. Not anymore though, and I doubt I'd probably be willing to ever pick them back up again.

Please don't turn out to be a fucking fascist Hansi

2 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Good. His other bands will probably be dropped too but frankly I never gave a fuck about any of them, especially Sons of Liberty.

It's a shame though, D&W introduced me to Blind Guardian and I adored the self-titled, and on the IE side of things I enjoyed all of it and Cthulhu was my jam for a long ass time. Not anymore though, and I doubt I'd probably be willing to ever pick them back up again.

Please don't turn out to be a fucking fascist Hansi

They put out a statement a few days after the riots:

https://www.blind-guardian.com/statement/

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few new albums out today, including Soen, Tribulation, Accept and Steven Wilson. 

The new Accept album is better than I excepted. You could argue that it is a bit disingenuous to call it Accept when Wolf Hoffmann is the only member of the classic line-up that is left, but they still deliver. The only bad song on the album is The Underaker if you ask me. And I could have done without the stupid smartphones=bad boomer lyrics on Zombie Apocalypse. But other than that the album is really good. 

Edited by Hellraiser

46 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

The new Accept album is better than I excepted. You could argue that it is a bit disingenuous to call it Accept when Wolf Hoffmann is the only member of the classic line-up that is left, but they still deliver. The only bad song on the album is The Underaker if you ask me. And I could have done without the stupid smartphones=bad boomer lyrics on Zombie Apocalypse. But other than that the album is really god. 

I'll be listening to it later. Tbh, I never dug UDO as a singer (Tornillo is far superior imo). I didn't realise they had a few line up changes a few years back though. Still, if it has Wolf and sound like Accept that's good enough for me. 

Gave it the twice through - very enjoyable Accept album. Probs their best since Blood of the Nations I think. 

Evan Rachel Wood's named Marilyn Manson as her abuser and last I saw, 4 other women have come forward with stories of him being an abuser or otherwise assaulting them.

22 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Evan Rachel Wood's named Marilyn Manson as her abuser and last I saw, 4 other women have come forward with stories of him being an abuser or otherwise assaulting them.

Loma Vista Records dropped him and scrubbed him from their website, both Creepshow and American Gods are writing him out and in the case of American Gods finding a way to remove him from upcoming episodes, and the talent agency CAA is "heavily considering" dropping him as well. 

On 29/01/2021 at 06:43, Hellraiser said:

The new Accept album is better than I excepted. You could argue that it is a bit disingenuous to call it Accept when Wolf Hoffmann is the only member of the classic line-up that is left, but they still deliver. The only bad song on the album is The Underaker if you ask me. And I could have done without the stupid smartphones=bad boomer lyrics on Zombie Apocalypse. But other than that the album is really good. 

I hate it when an artist releases an album under a band's name and they're the only "real" member of the band, unless its a side project where there is no "real" lineup. Its like Foreigner, who are touring, despite the guitarist being the only member of the band back when they released their most well known songs. 

8 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I hate it when an artist releases an album under a band's name and they're the only "real" member of the band, unless its a side project where there is no "real" lineup. Its like Foreigner, who are touring, despite the guitarist being the only member of the band back when they released their most well known songs. 

Unfortunately, the name is what sells tickets. Concert promoters don't care who is in the band as long as they can put an established name on the marquee. Accept and Foreigner will get booked, the Wolf Hoffmann Group or Mick Jones's Foreigner Experience probably not as much. That is why there are so many lawsuits regarding band names and so many cases of 2 versions of bands existing at the same time. See Venom, Entomned, Queensryche, Survivor or L.A. Guns for example. 

In Accept's case I dont find this an issue at all. From what it sounds like, people simply left and ended up getting replaced. Happens in companies all the time. It's not like Wolf stormed off and created his own version of the band - he's just the last of the originals left. 

Steve Harris is the only original member of Iron Maiden, but the band is still undoubtedly Iron Maiden, etc. 

1 hour ago, DFF said:

Steve Harris is the only original member of Iron Maiden, but the band is still undoubtedly Iron Maiden, etc. 

Yes, technically Steve Harris is the only founding member of Iron Maiden that is still part of the band. But the line-up that recorded all the classic albums is still mostly intact. If you ask me there is a big difference between that and a band like Foreigner in which is made up of Mick Jones and a bunch of hired guns.

4 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

Yes, technically Steve Harris is the only founding member of Iron Maiden that is still part of the band. But the line-up that recorded all the classic albums is still mostly intact. If you ask me there is a big difference between that and a band like Foreigner in which is made up of Mick Jones and a bunch of hired guns.

Just looking up the members of Foreigner - 

Thom Gimbel has been there for almost 30 years
Jeff Pilsen - 17 years
Kelly Hansen - 16 years 
Michael Bluestein - 13 years 
Bruce Watson - 10 years 
Chris Frazier - 9 years 

It might not be a classic line-up, but to reduce them to 'hired guns' is a tad harsh, haha!