(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

15 hours ago, DMN said:

I can't stop listening to Sabaton, don't send help.

Absolutely brilliant live band and a favourite of mine besides. 

14 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

I loved Sabaton when I discovered them about 10 years ago when they released The Art Of War. I'm kind of over them now though. Still enjoy everything up to and including Carolus Rex. But the last 3 records have all been crap.

Oh man, I can't agree with this. Whilst it took a few spins, Heroes is actually a cracking album and The Last Stand has a few songs that sound great live (title track, Shiroyama, Sparta). The new one falls somewhere in between those for me. 

Art of War is still their best though - absolute masterpiece. 

On 03/09/2019 at 21:04, DMN said:

It's gotten to the point where I'm like 'man, I listen to too much Sabaton', then just keep listening to them. I'm hoping to check them out when they come to LA.

No such thing as `too much Sabaton'.....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DMN said:

I don't know if I should ask this here or in the punk thread.

I want Motorhead, but faster. What is the fastest, hardest hardcore? Like, the gabber of metal.

Discharge. Huge influence on the early thrash metal bands. But they're punk.

Or Inepsy maybe? Their first album definitely has a Motorhead vibe. Certainly a blend of punk and metal.

Perhaps crust punkwould be of interest? Its fast,  heavy, and pretty fucking dirty sounding.

• 2 weeks later...

So Ozzy Osbourne was featured on a new song by post Malone:

And apparently recording this song did light a fire under his ass as he recorded an entire album with Malone's producer Andrew Watt in just 4 weeks. At this point it is unknown if the 9 tracks he recorded with Watt include the material he was working on with Billy Idol guitarist Steve Stevens.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

My favorite thing about that collab is the amount of kids on Twitter who don't know who Ozzy is.

https://metalinjection.net/around-the-interwebs/these-post-malone-fans-are-just-hearing-about-ozzy-for-the-first-time-thanks-to-new-collaboration

James Hetfield is back in rehab, forcing a cancellation of Metallica's tour in Australia & NZ.

Really hope he overcomes those demons, he's fought them a long time. I would relish the chance to see Metallica live one more time, broke my ankle at the very start of their set at Download 2012 and haven't had another chance since.

Coincidentally, I christened my new vinyl player with a playing of "Ride the Lightning this evening as well, on the anniversary of Cliff Burton's untimely death.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...