(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

11 hours ago, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

What do people think of Rammstein - Rammstein?

Good album on the whole, without being earthshattering. Got a handful of really fun tracks dotted across it. 

• Like 1

I know TMZ is not the most trustworthy source, so you might want to take this with a grain of salt, but according to them Eddie Van Halen has been suffering from throat cancer and has been travelling to Germany for treatment for the last 5 years.

Source: https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/13/eddie-van-halen-traveling-germany-cancer-treatment/

Drums / Zach Halverson / Age 15
Instagram: zhalverson903  & https://awakeningforceband.com/  
Vocals / Kaden Karns / Age 16
https://www.instagram.com/kadenkarns5/
Sam Ruether / rhythm guitar / Age 13
Facebook: @samrguitar / Instagram: @samruether
Bass / Bailey Couch / Age 17
Lead Guitar / Ethan Olzak / Age 15
Instagram: @ethankwonguitar

Bloodstock have announced their other headliners for 2020 this morning. 

Previously announced was Devin Townsend for the Friday. They've added Behemoth (Saturday) and Judas Priest (Sunday). 

Pretty happy with that spread of bands, plus with the likes of Gloryhammer, Skindred, Dark Tranquiility, Paradise Lost and others already announced, I think it's looking pretty tasty! 

Dustin Schoenhofer, the drummer for Walls of Jericho, was arrested in Oregon with 630 lbs of weed and 36 lbs of Butane Honey Oil extract. He claims that he didn't know that the marijuana and BHO was in the truck he was driving.

There has been a mass exodus at Children Of Bodom. Keyboarder Janne Wirman, bassist Henri "Henkka T. Blacksmith" Seppälä and drummer Jaska Raatikainen have all left the band. Raatikainen is a founding member of the band when they were still known as Inearthed. Seppälä has been with the band since 1995 and Wirman joined them just before they changed their name to Children Of Bodom in 1997. These 3 guys have played on all the studio records so far. They will play their last gig with the band in December in Helsinki. That makes Alexi Laiho the lone founding member still in the band. The only other member left beside him is former Norther guitarist Daniel Freyberg who joined the band in 2016.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

King Diamond has announced on FB that his Mercyful Fate bandmate Timi Hansen lost his battle with cancer today. :(

Hansen performed on the original 2 Mercyful Fate albums Melissa and Don't Break The Oath as well as their 1993 reunion album In The Shadows. He also played on King Diamond's first two solo records. 

Source: Blabbermouth.net

The new Ozzy song Under The Graveyard from his upcoming album Ordinary Man which will be released early 2020 by Epic records. It is the album the Ozzman hammered out in four weeks with producer Andrew Watt (ex-California Breed) after doing the Post Malone feature. Andre Watt also plays guitar on the album. Besides Ozzy and Watt the line-up for this record also consists of Guns n' Roses bassist Duff McKagen and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith. 

I have to say I really like this song. Looking forward to the rest of this album. Good move to not use Kevin Churko to produce and co-write songs again. Although I still feel bad that Gus G. didn't get to do more with the Ozzman. He didn't even get to write a single song since the entirety of Scream was already written when he joined the band. 

Also a new song from King Diamond:

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mötley Crüe are coming out of retirement. Who wants to see that? Mick Mars can barely move and Vince Neil is out of gas a minute into the first song of the night. I'd much rather hear that Mick Mars solo album he has been working on ever since the Crüe retired. They say that they are coming out of retirement because there is a whole new generation of fans demanding to see Crüe live because of the movie that came out earlier this year. Streaming the movie on Netflix and listening to a Crüe playlist on Spotify is one thing. Playing between 100 and 200 bucks to see them live is an entirely different thing. Are the young fans really willing to fork over that much money to see a bunch of has-beens? 

Edited by Hellraiser

They might as well just admit that they're doing it either because they miss performing, need money or both. 

If people are still willing to shell out money to see acts like Journey, who became a cover band when they fired Steve Perry, or Foreigner or The Beach Boys who each only have one `real' member, then they'll certain fork over the money to see them. The Rolling Stones still tour despite their last album anyone gave a damn about coming out in the late 90's....

I know people are willing to fork over a lot of money to see legacy acts. This Crüe/Leppard/Poison Tour will sell tickets for sure. But I was specifically talking about the new generation of fans which according to the Crüe are the main reason they came out of retirement. I don't think the twenty-somethings will come to Crüe concerts in droves. 

• 2 weeks later...

December 8th was the 15th anniversary of Dimebag's murder. Fucking wild. I remember being in high school, and my friends and I talking about it like.. all week the week it happened.