(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

8 minutes ago, Lint said:

Well if the rest of the albums are even half as good as Prequelle was, I'll be happy.  I even loved the largely instrumental songs.  That one with the saxophone leading into Dance Macabre was great

It's funny, that song ("Miasma") is my least favorite track off Prequelle. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but I feel like it's album filler. 

12 minutes ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

It's funny, that song ("Miasma") is my least favorite track off Prequelle. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but I feel like it's album filler. 

It does feel like filler, but leading into Dance Macabre I felt like it fit.  Anywhere else would've definitely felt "off"

• Like 1

On 16/03/2019 at 07:30, Lint said:

So after hearing them on the radio for months now and liking "Rats" and "Dance Macabre", I decided to give Ghosts "Prequelle" a listen on Spotify and, wow, I can see why this was nominated for Metal Album of the Year.  Just thought it was amazing from start to finish.  Is the rest of Ghosts albums like that?  I loved it

On 16/03/2019 at 07:51, Howdy Cloudy said:

Meliora is pretty good. Infestissumam and Opus Eponymous are both heavier and sound a little different from Meliora and Prequelle.

Check out Meliora though. I think if you dig Prequelle you'll like Meliora. "From The Pinnacle To The Pit", "Cirice", "He Is", "Majesty", and "Mummy Dust" are probably my favorite tracks off Meliora.

Also, check out "Ghuleh/Zombie Queen" off of Infestissumam. Probably one of my favorite Ghost tracks, and a song I desperately want Jimmy Jacobs to use as a theme song somewhere on the indies. >_>

I did a discography review on my blog a few years ago that covered the first three albums: https://garethjhunt.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/discography-review-ghost/:) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jay Weinberg pays his respects to Paul Gray

"Dear Paul – I hope you're proud of the music we've created. Your presence guides this band in spirit + and sound. I think you'll dig the new record. At least I hope you do. All the respect and love in the world. We are not your kind.

Long live the Knot -Jay"

Chris Adler is officially out of Lamb Of God. He was involved in a motorcycle accident in late 2017 that put him out of action. Former Prong and Winds Of Plague drummer Art Cruz filled in for him. This was supposed to be temporarily at first. But as of about a month ago he still had not returned to the band. When asked about him in an Interview Randy Blythe said that it is hard to say what is gonna happen with Adler and that he has no comment on it. Then it was announced that Adler is going to go on Tour with a supergroup called Hail featuring Exodus singer  Steve Souza, former Machine Head guitarist Phil Demmel and former Megadet bassist James LoMenzo. And then LoG finally announced that he is out of the band and replaced him with Cruz.

Also DragonForce will release their 8th studio album entiteled "Extreme Power Metal" on September 27th. It is their first ever studio album without keyboard player Vadim Pruzhanov who left the band last year. Tracklist looks like this:

01. Highway To Oblivion
02. Cosmic Power Of The Infinite Shred Machine
03. The Last Dragonborn
04. Heart Demolition
05. Troopers Of The Stars
06. Razorblade Meltdown
07. Strangers
08. In A Skyforged Dream
09. Remembrance Day
10. My Heart Will Go On

Musicvideo for the song "Highway To Oblivion":

I already like this more than any song of their last album. Looking forward to this!

• Like 1

Mercyful Fate have confirmed they are doing some summer festivals next year!  Copenhell confirmed so far. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bassist Frédéric Leclercq has left DragonForce. He joined the band in 2006 replacing Adrian Lambert. He says that there is no bad blood between him and his former bandmates and that he wishes them the best. His temporary replacement for the band's ongoing tour will be no other than Youtube personality Steve Terreberry aka Stevie T. Earlier this year DragonForce guitarist Herman Li jokingly asked Stevie to join the band as a triangle player. Terreberry made a response video in which he accepted the offer provided he gets to play a 5 minute triangle solo in ever song. And now he is in the band for real. At least temporarily. 

Source: Blabbermouth.net

So seems like King Diamond did finish that new solo album before starting to work on new Mercyful Fate material. The new album is named "The Institute" and will be out next year. The first single from the album will come out this fall. They are also going on tour in the US in November/December. Support are Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats (some retro-60s-psychadelic-rock band from Cambridge) and Idle Hands (an American Gothic Metal band).

Dates:

• Nov. 02 - Dallas, TX @ Bomb Factory
  • Nov. 04 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
  • Nov. 05 - Orlando, FL @ Dr. Philips Center
  • Nov. 07 - Brooklyn, NY @ Kings Theatre
  • Nov. 08 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
  • Nov. 10 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Tower Theater
  • Nov. 11 - Baltimore, MD @ The Lyric
  • Nov. 12 - Montreal, QC @ M-Telus
  • Nov. 14 - Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
  • Nov. 15 - Cleveland, OH @ The Agora Theatre
  • Nov. 16 - Louisville, KY @ The Palace Theatre
  • Nov. 18 - Chicago, IL @ The Riviera
  • Nov. 19 - Minneapolis, MN @ Palace Theater
  • Nov. 22 - Denver, CO @ The Fillmore
  • Nov. 23 - Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
  • Nov. 25 - Seattle, WA @ The Paramount
  • Nov. 26 - Portland, OR @ The Schnitzer
  • Nov. 27 - Vancouver, BC @ The Queen Elizabeth
  • Nov. 29 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
  • Dec. 01 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
  • Dec. 02 - San Diego, CA @ Magnolia
  • Dec. 03 - Anaheim, CA @ The Grove of Anaheim
  • Dec. 04 - Phoenix, AZ @ Comerica

Source: Blabbermouth.net

On 31/08/2019 at 01:48, Howdy Cloudy said:

Anyone listened to the new Tool yet?

Only one playthourgh so far. I think its pretty good, without blowing me away. I have friends who have said it was the third or fourth playthrough when it clicked for them and they now love it. 

1 hour ago, Hellraiser said:

I loved Sabaton when I discovered them about 10 years ago when they released The Art Of War. I'm kind of over them now though. Still enjoy everything up to and including Carolus Rex. But the last 3 records have all been crap.

I'm a giant history nerd, so it's perfect for me. Their new album is pretty good, although I'd agree the older stuff is probably better.