Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rafa does go he'll take our best players with him. Reina, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Alonso and Torres are pretty much only here because of him (they've all said as much), meaning the new manager will have to spend money that Waldorf and Statler have already shown they're not willing to give. They've not spent a penny since taking over, our net spend in the summer wasn't much more than what it was under Moores, and was buoyed by getting to the CL final. They're supposed to be refinancing the initial loan they took out to buy the club in order to secure the finances to build a new stadium (which they have now admitted they can't afford), but don't want to put down a £20million deposit to secure the long-term future of the club.

A couple of years ago I remember laughing when a "Agent Glazier, Mission Accomplished" banner showed up when we played Man United after they'd been taken over. I fully expect to see a very similar banner show up at Old Trafford very soon. These two cunts have made empty promise after empty promise, and dragged the club into the gutter.

If Rafa does go he'll take our best players with him. Reina, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Alonso and Torres are pretty much only here because of him (they've all said as much), meaning the new manager will have to spend money that Waldorf and Statler have already shown they're not willing to give. They've not spent a penny since taking over, our net spend in the summer wasn't much more than what it was under Moores, and was buoyed by getting to the CL final. They're supposed to be refinancing the initial loan they took out to buy the club in order to secure the finances to build a new stadium (which they have now admitted they can't afford), but don't want to put down a £20million deposit to secure the long-term future of the club.

A couple of years ago I remember laughing when a "Agent Glazier, Mission Accomplished" banner showed up when we played Man United after they'd been taken over. I fully expect to see a very similar banner show up at Old Trafford very soon. These two cunts have made empty promise after empty promise, and dragged the club into the gutter.

Yep, the American owners are not winning any friends with their conduct.

I do think that the point about how much was spent in the summer (taking tranfers both in and out into account) is a key one. The club won't progress under any manager if they don't push the boat out and buy 2 or 3 more players of Torres' calibre (spending a bit to keep hold of Mascherano would be a start).

Still, the rotation policy (which is over-emphasised everywhere when results are going badly) is an issue when the players coming in are not of the same quality as those being 'rested' (Torres out, Voronin in). The first eleven is lacking in quality too. Wide left is a big concern. Wide right is also a slight worry but Pennant and Benayoun have done okay. A partner for Torres is also a problem. I would like to see him paired with Babel for 2 or 3 games, as I feel Babel is wasted wide left.

Oh noes¬! Perhaps King Kev actually ISN'T the saviour afterall...SACK HIMS! SACK HIM NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!

12th is probably about the right position for Newcastle anyway so they shouldn't be moaning.

Nice to be back above them though, stage one in Tottenham's "how to rescue a season" plan is complete. Now to close the gap on West Ham, get into the top half and then get into the top eight for a reasonable finishing position all things considered....and unlike Newcastle the last two years at Spurs have shown that we actually DO belong in the UEFA cup fight.

And my love for Robbie Keane has orgasmed. Didn't see the game so gonna enjoy MOTD later. I shall stand and salute our finest long term player of the twenty first century.

Apparently we were rubbish in the first half but pretty dominating in the second half. Someone will have to tell me after Match of the Day but that's what I've been told. Not really interested in watching as there wasn't really any interesting looking matches on.

Apparently we were rubbish in the first half but pretty dominating in the second half. Someone will have to tell me after Match of the Day but that's what I've been told. Not really interested in watching as there wasn't really any interesting looking matches on.

Reading-United was apparently pretty good.

...Didn't watch it due to a no audio stream :angry:

Reading were "unlucky" to lose, or so I heard, so it'll be interesting to watch.

Guest Ringmaster

Sunderland may not have many talented players, but they play with an insane amount of heart and that's to be admired. It's enough for me to want them to stay up. That said I've been pleasantly surprised with Cerny's performances this season, and god bless Robbie Keane and his 100th goal.