Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not necessarily because Demon's Gate is hard, but because he (and the Temple of the Ancients in general) are, to use a TVTropes thing, a wake-up call for FFVII players. He deals just enough damage in just the right kind of ways that players who aren't quite ready are gonna get whomped.

That's why it tends to be a sticking point for me; I tend to be underleveled in practically every JRPG I've ever played. I can't honestly remember the last time DG gave me any actual trouble, but I can definitely see why some people are challenged by it.

It's not necessarily because Demon's Gate is hard, but because he (and the Temple of the Ancients in general) are, to use a TVTropes thing, a wake-up call for FFVII players. He deals just enough damage in just the right kind of ways that players who aren't quite ready are gonna get whomped.

That's why it tends to be a sticking point for me; I tend to be underleveled in practically every JRPG I've ever played. I can't honestly remember the last time DG gave me any actual trouble, but I can definitely see why some people are challenged by it.

Pretty much this. First time through people can brute force most early enemies on relatively low levels, then DG comes along with 10,000 HP and a move that can basically wipe out two average level characters in one move, and suddenly your fucked. Add to that that it seems like you have nowhere to grind between the save point and facing him (you can, but it's only in one room, and most people never think to check there) and he suddenly appears to be a massive pain in the ass.

Yeah, points of no return are really the problem more so than the bosses themselves. I honestly can't remember the first time I played FF7, though, so I'm sure I had that problem and plenty others. I probably used a cheat disk, knowing 10 year old me. >_>

Someone summarised the FF X-2.5 stuff on Reddit. It sounds worse than what was initially posted (spoilers ahoy!)...

FFX-2.5:

Tidus and Yuna are on a trip together but become shipwrecked on an uncharted island, which itself is summoned (much like Zanarkand in FFX) by an unsent summoner. Tidus mistakes a bomb for a blitzball (...) and kicks it, killing him instantly and exploding his body into pyreflies.

Yuna revives him much like in FFX-2 (apparently it was Yuna's doing, along with the Fayth, that brought Tidus to reality) but Tidus is "not himself". I do not know if this means physically or mentally. I assume physically. As a result of this, the Farplane becomes unstable (perhaps, and this is just me guessing, because the Fayth are not present to do this properly?), and the dead begin to return to Spira as if Unsent, including Sin.

FFX -Will-

Yuna lives in Besaid. Tidus lives in Bevelle. Yuna calls Tidus her boyfriend to one of her new friends, who is in love with her. Yuna and company go to Bevelle and visit Tidus, after Yuna hears that Shoopuff seem to have returned despite being killed off entirely by Sin.

The Shoopuff are surrounded by a crowd of people, including unsent- one of whom speaks to his relatives, surprising the crowd. One of Yuna's new friends says they need to send him,b ut Yuna says it is not their place to interrupt such a reunion. These Unsent and Shoopuff have returned due to Yuna mussing up the Farplane by resurrecting Tidus.

Yuna is jealous of a girl Tidus is friends with, and decides to be a girl in a sitcom and tell him she doesn't care and already likes another guy (her friend who proclaimed his love for her) and leaves. Tidus is visibly injured and not quite up to physical snuff, apparently, and it's possible Yuna is just using this as an opportunity to try and kepe him from rushing to help her out and get hurt again.

Tidus gets upset and asks Lulu if it is true, to which Lulu tells Tidus that she thought he was smarter than that. Tidus also questions Sin returning, and Lulu notes that other things have returned in the past (referencing Tidus being brought back to life twice despite never technically existing to begin with.) Yuna proclaims to a crowded stadium that she will defeat Sin once again, and Tidus expresses that he wants to go on a new adventure with Yuna, because he said he would be with her forever.

This is followed by To Be Continued.

Tl;DR: Tidus kills himself like a moron, Yuna revives him, dicks up the farplane in the process thus reviving tons of unsent including Sin itself, minor sitcom style drama for some reason, and a huge, huge hint at a third game in the series.

Someone summarised the FF X-2.5 stuff on Reddit. It sounds worse than what was initially posted (spoilers ahoy!)...

FFX-2.5:

Tidus and Yuna are on a trip together but become shipwrecked on an uncharted island, which itself is summoned (much like Zanarkand in FFX) by an unsent summoner. Tidus mistakes a bomb for a blitzball (...) and kicks it, killing him instantly and exploding his body into pyreflies.

Yuna revives him much like in FFX-2 (apparently it was Yuna's doing, along with the Fayth, that brought Tidus to reality) but Tidus is "not himself". I do not know if this means physically or mentally. I assume physically. As a result of this, the Farplane becomes unstable (perhaps, and this is just me guessing, because the Fayth are not present to do this properly?), and the dead begin to return to Spira as if Unsent, including Sin.

FFX -Will-

Yuna lives in Besaid. Tidus lives in Bevelle. Yuna calls Tidus her boyfriend to one of her new friends, who is in love with her. Yuna and company go to Bevelle and visit Tidus, after Yuna hears that Shoopuff seem to have returned despite being killed off entirely by Sin.

The Shoopuff are surrounded by a crowd of people, including unsent- one of whom speaks to his relatives, surprising the crowd. One of Yuna's new friends says they need to send him,b ut Yuna says it is not their place to interrupt such a reunion. These Unsent and Shoopuff have returned due to Yuna mussing up the Farplane by resurrecting Tidus.

Yuna is jealous of a girl Tidus is friends with, and decides to be a girl in a sitcom and tell him she doesn't care and already likes another guy (her friend who proclaimed his love for her) and leaves. Tidus is visibly injured and not quite up to physical snuff, apparently, and it's possible Yuna is just using this as an opportunity to try and kepe him from rushing to help her out and get hurt again.

Tidus gets upset and asks Lulu if it is true, to which Lulu tells Tidus that she thought he was smarter than that. Tidus also questions Sin returning, and Lulu notes that other things have returned in the past (referencing Tidus being brought back to life twice despite never technically existing to begin with.) Yuna proclaims to a crowded stadium that she will defeat Sin once again, and Tidus expresses that he wants to go on a new adventure with Yuna, because he said he would be with her forever.

Tl;DR: Tidus kills himself like a moron, Yuna revives him, dicks up the farplane in the process thus reviving tons of unsent including Sin itself, minor sitcom style drama for some reason, and a huge, huge hint at a third game in the series.

Reads entirely like they figured out what they wanted the point of FFX-3 to be, but never planned how to get from X-2 to X-3. So they watched a few spanish soap operas and changed a few names around.

Fuck you Square Enix. Stop.

• Like 1

FFX-2.5:

FFX -Will-

This reads like a bad FF X/X-2 fanfiction.

• Like 1

FFX-2.5:

FFX -Will-

how

How. How is this the same company that got me liking Final Fantasy games in the first place?

FFX-2.5:

FFX -Will-

how

How. How is this the same company that got me liking Final Fantasy games in the first place?

It's ok, Atlus with the Persona series is here to take you away from the pain.

• Like 2

FFX-2.5:

FFX -Will-

how

Answer - it's not. Since the Enix merger a lot of SquareSoft favourites have left, and the ones that have stayed seem to have lost their sense of what made FF great.

FFX-2.5:

FFX -Will-

how

It's ok, Atlus with the Persona series is here to take you away from the pain.

Until Sega shuts them down!

FFX-2.5:

FFX -Will-

how

Answer - it's not. Since the Enix merger a lot of SquareSoft favourites have left, and the ones that have stayed seem to have lost their sense of what made FF great.

What made FF great to people at Square was that it was a cash cow. Once they realized they could sell a ton of games AND merchandise the shit out of every single aspect of the game the old group basically left.

Unfortunately it is just as much a cash cow if not moreso now. Safe to say from a business standpoint they made the right decision pushing out the older generation.