Football Manager 2008

Dan

Not for the Mac it isn't.

:thumbsdown:

Looks like it to me.

Will I have to start a new save game to see any changes?

Edit: Nevermind, I decided I'd actually read the thread I linked to. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matches seem to go a lot slower for me now that I've got the patch. I don't know why, but for some reason I miss them all flailing around like a troupe of greased up monkeys.

A hell of a lot better with the shots on target/goals scored ratio though. I just beat Everton 4-1 and didn't have to get 17 shots in to do it.

Got to the European Championship final, took three goalkeepers to the tournament: Robinson, Carson and David James. Robinson got injured in the first match and Carson got sent off in the semi finals, although we were 3-0 up at the time with about 10 minutes left.

Bit shit, but at least I've got a third keeper.

Well, actually, apparantly not. James had announced that he would retire from international football on 29/06 - the date of the final. Now he's disappeared from my squad list, leaving me without a keeper.

What a load of shit.

Let's see: I tie Tottenham (2nd in the league) 2-2 home, beat Newcastle (tops) 3-1 away, beat Middlesborough (middle, nothing special) 2-1 home, beat Liverpool (League Cup) 1-0 away, beat Chelsea (3rd league) 3-1 away then lose to Everton, bottom half of the league, 7-2 away.

Typical bloody City.

When I start a new game after the patch, it still says version 8.00.00, is the patch installed?

Umm...I doubt it. Delete the patch from your PC, re-download and install it.

If you've got a message when installed saying "26 files updated" it will be installed I imagine.

And to Clawson...looks like you need to re-think tactics. Don't need me to tell you that you're conceding way too many goals. Are you playing too attack minded?

But did you get the message saying "26 files updated" when installed. If so, like I say, it probably has installed. Quick way to find out is to begin a game - Play 10, if over half of them contain a disallowed goal because of a "foul" or "offside", then it probably hasn't installed properly.

If it turns out that it hasn't, you'll be better off asking on the SI forums.

It's been a week and I still can't get the German national team to activate.... I know it's not a big thing but that whole thing bugs me.

I'm playing as Tottenham now. 7 games into the Premier Division and I'm 1st in the league, after every match media says we look unbeatable but if you look at the results (2-1, 3-2, 1-0), those are some narrow wins. Infact, I think we're playing incredibly shit most of the time, but we keep lucking out of it. At the same time Berbatov and Keane both got injured for the same amount of time (2 months), so now I have to play Darren fuckin' Bent and Defoe. The first thing Bent did was miss a penalty and then score in the rebound, if he hadn't scored I would have fined him for 3 weeks for no reason. I have the feeling I'll soon won't be lucky anymore and I'll eventually get sacked....Jol-style.

* Yup, lost to Birmingham. Fuckin' Bent.

Edited by Quasi Juice

I'm with Leeds, got promoted first year in through qualifying for the Playoffs on the last day of the season. I'm 11th in the Championship in early November, but I am aiming for Playoffs to do another shocking promotion.

Two recommended signings: Marvin Williams and MIKA F'N AARITALO. Aaritalo is incredible, it's a shock he signed for Leeds.

It's been a week and I still can't get the German national team to activate.... I know it's not a big thing but that whole thing bugs me.

All I did was move the fake.inc folder from the 800 folder (I think it was) somewhere else and Germany worked fine for me.

Oddly, I have done this... Nothing.

I edited the file... Nothing.

It's weird...