Football Manager 2008

Dan

Sorted out the Scott Carson problem lol by just deleting him from the Database. Scott Carson Who? :P

So now decided to go Liverpool and my first order of buisness was to bring in my own coaching team which i did and Pako is now back at Anfield YAY!

Looking good so far in Pre Season (I kno only pre-season) but my team looking good made a few key signings too so here is what my Liverpool team looks like at the moment:

GK: Pepe Reina

DL: Alvaro Arbeloa

DR: Micah Richards

DC: Andrea Barzagli

DC: Jamie Carragher

DMC: Javier Mascherano

MR: Daniel Alves

ML: Ryan Babel

AMC: Steven Gerrard

AMC: Sergio Aguerro

ST: Fernando Torres

Also managed to secure the signings of Igor Akinfeev and Michael Johnston but looking at the possibility of a new Left Back. Anyone got any good reccomendations for a Left Back?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought Marcelo the other day, in fact. But then I'm Chelsea, so they charged me £8m for him. :shifty:

Now it's really a question of which out of Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge gets pissed off and wants to leave first. ¬_¬ Probably Cole, knowing him. Which will be good, since he'll fetch me a better price.

So I managed to get third in the Premiership with Blackburn after several years slowly building my squad up. It comes to the Champions League and i'm in a group with Roma (joint favourates to win it) some much smaller team and I think Palemaro, the board clearly have no faith in me and expect me to play in the group stage.

I end up winning the group, beating Roma 3-1 in both games and effectively knocking them out of the Champions League (then again it didn't help I played my reserve team against Palemaro <_< )

Bring on Porto

It could be to do with stuff like the coaches in training your players Shooting, Morale, Composure, Team Talks, Form stuff like that if you've got a striker who's been playing badly motivate them.

Also try altering your tactics a bit

Try turning down tempo, because with high tempo they try to shoot as soon as they can. Also I think time wasting has an influence in this, so if you might want to up the time wasting if it's too low.

Also, before matches, never say you are sure you'll win, as that pretty much causes a negative reaction from your team every time.

EDIT: And now Isaksson lets 4 through and still gets a 9 rating. And that's with 6 shots on target.

Edited by estebanmon

Just started a new season with Tottenham and had the following results in my first five games:

3-2 home win against Newcastle

0-3 away loss against Chelsea

6-3 home win against Aston Villa

2-4 away loss against Wigan

5-3 home win against Liverpool

Which gives a grand total of 16 goals scored and 15 goals conceded in five games.

• Admin

Took this screenshot the morning that it was confirmed that he [Hans Backe] was leaving his post as my assistant at Man City to become gaffer at Newcastle.

I chuckled.

And to the above poster, go to:

C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/data/updates/update-801...

Well I forget the rest but there is a new fake.lnc file in there that comes with the patch, delete that and start a new game.

post-5680-1199067808_thumb.jpg

post-5680-1199067808_thumb.jpg

Fuck Newcastle.

I got 5th in the Prem after the inspired signing of Anelka for only 5.25m. Not a lot for a man who had toppped the league scoring charts for England and Europe as a whole in the first in game season. With him, Owen (who ended up on like 40 goals in around 45+ apps) and Martins running wild I managed to steer us to the FA, League and UEFA cup Semis only to be dashed by Man U, Arsenal and Spurs respectively. I don't think I was too far behind the Champions League spots either so I thought it was a good season.

But no, i'm apparently not working to their two year plan of winning the damn title. Guys, 25m a season in transfer funds does not a championship winning side make. I have about 50m to play with now though thanks to the feckless idiots at Thomas FC spending 8.5m on Joey 'Let's get sent off in every match and celebrate by doing some GBH' Barton. I really need a top class defensive mid, right back and right winger though so can't see it lasting. Trying to get Pirlo for 10m which is a little wasteful for a 31 year old but it might not happen anyway. He only wants a 1 year contract which i'm not gonna give him if i'm gonna spend that much for him.

I do have some headaches in store as far as players go. Such as whether to keep my blooming attacking mid Brazilian or loan him out to get some first team games. Also, Given has been awesome for me but Krul had a good season at relegated Southampton and made himself number 1 for Holland in the World Cup. Speaking of the World Cup, Eddie Johnson, who I signed for like 2.6m in season 1 (CHEAT!) before realising he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and packed him off to France for 2 years, promptly went on to get the golden boot. So I may try and fleece Thomas FC out of some money for him since they're interested.

In summary, I may just have to go for it and blow all this money because I have a feeling they'll ditch me if I don't get close to that title.

Edited by King Santa