Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strikers are usually two of Crouch, Kuyt or Torres, morale is all very good or above, shooting coach is maximum. It isn't the tactics as chances are being created (lots of them, just drew 1-1 with Birmingham away with 11 shots on target).

Got a game going with the mighty Spurs. My season started VERY similar to Tottenham in real life, winning only one in my first seven games. I'm now on a twelve match unbeaten run though and I'm now in sixth in the Premier League, one point behind West Ham in fifth. Defoe's my top goal scorer with 15 in 29 overall and 10 from 21 in the league. Berbatov and Bent both have 13 overall (Keane got injured in the first match for about five matches, before he returned against Man Utd to score the equaliser).

I signed Johnathan Evans on loan to cover for my heavily depleted backs (but he has just returned to Man Utd) and I'm looking to sign a young central midfielder who is probably going to be Michael Johnson as Boro aren't budging on Cattermole. And I may be snatching Bouzanis from Liverpool.

Not including Keane who has only played two games, my best players have surprisingly been Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Paul Robinson (shock horror, I know)

My first game on my official version has been with Man City. Good start so far, with 6 wins, 3 draws and one loss, but I did get knocked out of the Carling Cup, so the fans aren't happy with me at the moment. Bastards.

I didn't buy any players, as the team is pretty good to start off with, but I have Victor Anichebe coming in January, more due to a personal man crush on him as a player than anything. Plus, I don't really have any prolific goalscorers, so hoping he may help me with that.

I hate Bianchi. He only scores when we're clearly going to lose.

I also hate Isaksson, Schmeichel, De Sanctis, and Green for being shit keepers.

Also, does anyone know any good left backs who aren't in a top team already? Shorey is like the only decent choice, but Portsmouth bought him for $22m so I'm not spending that. I almost got Bridge from Chelsea, even had an offer of $6m accepted twice, but the bastard would rather sit on the bench and complain about how he never plays.

I hate drawing the fucking big clubs every fucking time in the cups. Then I lose which gets the board on my back.

2007/08

League Cup 4th round Chelsea 3-1 Newcastle

FA Cup 4th round Man U 1-1 Newcastle, Newcastle 1-3 Man U

2008/9

FA Cup 5th round Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle

2009/10

League Cup Semi Final Newcastle 2-1 Arsenal, Arsenal 3-1 Newcastle

FA Cup Semi Final Man U 3-2 Newcastle

2010/11

League Cup 3rd Round Man U - Newcastle

The semi finals are fair enough but come on, cut me some slack here. I can get fired just fine for not winning the league, I don't need early cup exits to help.

Chelsea obviously have more money than they know what to do with on this game. I just sold them a young keeper, who despite having excellent stats, is not worth the £30m they just paid for him. They have already bought a young keeper off me for £10m with clauses, who I will buy back when they have paid up due to the buy-back price of £10m.

Fun little thing for that to happen to me :D

Going good so far with Liverpool. Top of the league with some brilliant play so far. I bought Eboue off Arsenal + Crouch and a few million. He's replaced Finnan.

Also brought in Alan Hutton for 3m and Anelka for 10m.

Anelka and Torres are a fantastic team.

My Newcastle game is certainly interesting. The defence needs sorting out, but I've had to leave it until January because I couldn't do much in the summer. I've relied on Jose Enrique at left back, and he's did a good job for me but I need something else. I traded James Milner for Joseph Yobo.

I've lined up a deal with Everton for Lescott. My defence shall look like

Lescott --- Yobo --- Taylor --- Geremi

I've signed David Bentley from Blackburn and he's been playing well. Owen is meh. I'm thinking of cashing in on him and bringing in someone else.

I had one of those classic CM/FM miscommunication-with-partner moments yesterday.

*Blackburn v Aston Villa, 40 mins in, 0-0*

*Girlfriend passes by the doorway*

GF: "Love you."

*Blackburn score*

Me: "Shit."

She was not impressed. :shifty: