Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh for fucks sake, I'm 1st in the Primera Liga with Athletico Madrid and in semi final op Spanish Cup and in quarter final of UEFA Cup but I've suddenly gone into shit mode. We dominated basically every game, nobody could stop us, now I'm drawing against relegation-battling teams and the team I drew against the first leg of the quarter final I already beat in the group stage 0-5, and I've lost to Barcelona 4-1 in the first leg for the Spanish Cup....I want my form back!

*Edit: Ah I see what the problem was....Robbie Keane. He was injured, now he's back and even though he's a stand-in for Aguero and Forlan I guess he keeps up morale or something.

Edited by Quasi Juice

I just witnessed the greatest goal in my FM playing history. I simmed a FM 07 new game to 2008/2009, took over as Leicester in mid-October. Anyways, in a game against Wolves they get a free kick, Jordan Stewart goes to kick it for Wolves. He runs up, barely taps it, and injures himself. Now, Billy Sharp being the sportsman that he is, races in and takes the ball, rounds the downed Stewart and blasts it in the back of the net. The physios then trot on to take a look at Stewart. 2-0 Leicester.

Edited by Kou

I was worried about the patch affecting my tactics, as a coincidence I had two straight games against Portsmouth, both at home, 1 League, 1 Cup.

Last game before patch : Newcastle 5-3 Portsmouth

First game after patch : Newcastle 7-2 Portsmouth

I rule! :w00t:

As do Martins, Gyan, Belluschi, Matias Fernandez and Doyle.

Van Der Vaart though, sucks the balls and is getting himself sold.

I've downloaded the new patch and data update, however when I have finished editing I save the file, it saves in Documents/Sports Interactive/FM08/data/DB but it doesn't show up on the game when I start a new game, it has the 8.0.2 data on the list but not mine, I can't even find the 8.0.2 data anywhere on my computer.

I don't get.

I just witnessed the greatest goal in my FM playing history. I simmed a FM 07 new game to 2008/2009, took over as Leicester in mid-October. Anyways, in a game against Wolves they get a free kick, Jordan Stewart goes to kick it for Wolves. He runs up, barely taps it, and injures himself. Now, Billy Sharp being the sportsman that he is, races in and takes the ball, rounds the downed Stewart and blasts it in the back of the net. The physios then trot on to take a look at Stewart. 2-0 Leicester.

This still does not top my FM07 glory match with Milan against Juve. Julio Baptista scored all of our six or seven goals and then got sent off because he's that badass.

Having ditched FM08 for FM07 I am once more making my way around the world winning stuff. Got to the Confend. Cup 3rd place playoffs with Portugal. Generaly had a shity tournament. Best part was after it ended when I got back to Barca and just becaue he had played shit the one time I started him for Portugal I released him!

I just can't stay away from my game on FM07, I am very far in right now and I worked myself up from the Belgium to the England job:

Started as Royal Antwerp in the Belgian Lower Divisions and I will never forget Soleymane Mamam who fired in 25 goals to win us promotion and then in the top flight he got 15 goals, Dong Fangzhou I remember being very poor and I brought in two Swiss U-21 midfielders in the second season(one of them was called Tallision as far as I recall)who got 10 goals and loads of assists to help us win the league.

After a few more years at Antwerp where we failed to win the league again but turned into a solid team I left for the Belgium national team where I failed to qualify for anything and resigned.

I then moved from Belgium to Scotland where I managed Hearts for two seasons and my best signing was young Chelesa left back Ryan Bertrand who had 20 for free kick accuracy and always scored them, several on loan players such as Gavin Rothery(Leeds),Daniel Sturridge(Man City) starred and I ended up having an all English 11 with the likes of Lee Camp,Huddlestone and Woodgate also in the team. my best achievement was beating Barcelona in the Champions League group stage both home and away(although we finished 3rd and got beat by CSKA Moscow).

Then I was suddenly offered a job at Sevilla which I was very close to joining until I got another sudden offer from England(I was an improvement considering the last manager was Southgate)and I started the England job and am still there.

Peter Crouch was a true legend for me and my key player and I nearly weeped when he retired, Andy Johnson,Lampard,Beckham were all great as well and once they retired I thought I would struggle but I was helped out by the core of the Hearts team, my current England starting 11 with which I have won the World Cup,Euro several times and the Confederations Cup many times.

GK:Paul Robinson(39 but absolutely amazing)

DR:Micah Richards(Captain)

DL:Ryan Bertrand(Over 20 goals and the winner in a 3-2 win against Italy in the Euro finals)

DC:Matt Richards(A regen I think? found him at Wigan and he's quite solid)

DC:Henry Johnson(Tottentham Youth Team produced him and hes amazing, got signed by Barca)

MC:Rothery(Playmaker)

MC:Fabrice Muamba(Holding player)

ML:Joe Cole(Still has good stats)

MR:Daniel Sturridge(Re-trained him at Hearts as a right winger and he does quite ok)

FC:Ray Jones(Target man)

FC:Theo Walcott(10 goals at Euro)

I decided to buy 2008 after I got bored of my Liverpool team in 2015 and it pains me too much to start a new game without the updated teams, so I'm installing the 8.01 patch and then I shall start a game as Birmingham. Seems like a mistake to be buying it when everybody's started abandoning it, but I already find 2007 frustrating enough, how is 2008 gonna be any different to me? :shifty:

I decided to buy 2008 after I got bored of my Liverpool team in 2015 and it pains me too much to start a new game without the updated teams, so I'm installing the 8.01 patch and then I shall start a game as Birmingham. Seems like a mistake to be buying it when everybody's started abandoning it, but I already find 2007 frustrating enough, how is 2008 gonna be any different to me? :shifty:

Just a point Pesch, 8.0.2 patch came out last week (Y)

Jermaine Defoe is a machine for me, 20 goals in the season and I'm only in October.

As for my game, its the most fun I've had playing one. I'm Newcastle and in 2012, finally looking like I am going to win the league. My best 11 I think is...

GK: Ochoa

RB: Mark Wilson

LB: Joe Mattock

CB: Joleon Lescott

CB: Peter Ramage

RM: Steven Gerrard

LM: Giles Barnes

CM: Diego

CM: Michal Bodmar

SC: Jermain Defoe

SC: Asamoah Gyan

My backup players include Hutton, Alou Diarra, Franks, Brunt, Kawbena, Thygeson, Ireland, Rajkovic, Chambers and Woodgate

The downside is that Defoe won't sign a new contract which expires at the end of the season. Any player guaranteed bags of goals I should look into signing

Hate to be annoying but, I'll ask again:

I've downloaded the new patch and data update, however when I have finished editing I save the file, it saves in Documents/Sports Interactive/FM08/data/DB but it doesn't show up on the game when I start a new game, it has the 8.0.2 data on the list but not mine, I can't even find the 8.0.2 data anywhere on my computer.

I didn't get any reply on the sigames forums, I'm a bit stuck.

Guest jonnocool91

The 8.0.2 patch data saves in

Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2008 > data > updates > update-802 > db

instead of

Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2008 > data > db

So either put your edited data in there, or I think you can actually just browse for a database before starting a new game, so you can already select your database as it is. I THINK. I've not checked any of this, except 802's location.

Edited by jonnocool91

Just a point Pesch, 8.0.2 patch came out last week (Y)