THE RESULTS: EWB's 100 Favourite Bands

YI

You could have been the bigger man and not replied with another "fuck off."

I don't want to warn anybody in this thread, especially since everyone in this thread is a more productive member of the board; but seriously, the next person to start acting like an ass will be warned. I love a good music debate, but quit acting like it's life or death.

Guest Onkel Hans

You could have been the bigger man and not replied with another "fuck off."

I don't want to warn anybody in this thread, especially since everyone in this thread is a more productive member of the board; but seriously, the next person to start acting like an ass will be warned. I love a good music debate, but quit acting like it's life or death.

I quite like Kanye West mainly cos he has sampled some entertainingly different stuff - a bit like De La Soul.

Shirley Bassey, Ray Charles, Steely Dan, Daft Punk. Brilliance. I love me some kooky samples. More interesting than generic hip hop.

Just out of interest - what was the Steely Dan sample?

I was there too (free tickets), and I'm 99% positive they did Astro Zombies. I was kinda shocked they threw Black Parade out right in the middle of the set, it seemed like a perfect last song to me. And I'm pissed they didn't do Thank You For The Venom, since it's the only MCR song that I really like. Still, it was a shockingly good performance, especially considering some of the vids I've seen of them from previous tours.

And the sound was way off for the first half of Mindless Self Indulgence's set, kinda ruined it a bit. Still, it was a decent gig, especially for it being MCR, as I'm not really a fan.

I didn't think much of their earlier stuff, hated their last album and quite liked "The Black Parade". Then I went along to see them at T in the Park and thought they were really good. Not sure if it was the copious amounts of alcohol consumed or the joint I smoked during their set that made me think that, but still.

I only saw the end of MSI, I like them, but I wasn't really digging. To me "...Black Parade" seems like the 'perfect' starting song. I'm not huge on the Queen bits, but the middle bits are actually a really fucking good, catchy punk-rock song.

My bggest problem is trying to remember/wondering what the fuck happened to all my blood. Somebody bust my nose, but I did nothing about it. Some people gave me tissues (Who the fuck has tissues?), which I made a bloody mess and just threw at people (I am a right cunt :shifty:). But basically. I had no blood on me, besides a tiny little, miniscule spot on my trainer. My mate had nothing on him. The two girls we were with had nothing on them later. Seriously...where the fuck did it go?

Anyways. back from suspension. Lets get back on with the list;

white_stripes_wideweb__470x365.jpg

-20-. THE WHITE STRIPES (135pt: 10-6-6-4-1)

modest.jpg

-19-. MODEST MOUSE (140pt: 8-7-7-4-2)

:wub:

1001_green_day_a.jpg

-18-. GREEN DAY (165pt: 10-9-7-4-3)

blur.jpg

-17-. BLUR (180pt: 9-9-7-7-4)

arctic_monkeys_narrowweb__300x368,0.jpg

-16-. ARCTIC MONKEYS (198pt: 8-8-7-4-3-3)

They're fucking hideous cunts.

I dig three out of five choices here. The Artic Monkeys I couldn't care about one way or the other and Green Day... American Idiot has left a very, very sour taste in my mouth about them. Such is life.