The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Has anyone bought (or felt the need for that matter) for these clip on extension thingies for the trigger buttons?

I laughed watching some guy review them on ebay ages ago cause I never felt slipping off the trigger buttons was a problem prior to seeing them but I can understand how it might be. Just wondered if anyone actually found them useful?

I prefer DS3 for the weightiness if nothing else.

I prefer the Sixaxis for the opposite reason. >_> I like how it's lighter in my hands than the DS3 controller.

Has anyone bought (or felt the need for that matter) for these clip on extension thingies for the trigger buttons?

I laughed watching some guy review them on ebay ages ago cause I never felt slipping off the trigger buttons was a problem prior to seeing them but I can understand how it might be. Just wondered if anyone actually found them useful?

I didn't really see the point in them, but one of the guys at work swears by them. I picked some up and they are really comfortable, and now it feels weird not using them. But it's kind of a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. They're worth a go as they're usually only a couple of pounds.

And Cloudy, the 6A feels too much like a toy, I worry that I'd get annoyed at a game and just fling it around or something >_>

Edited by Major Dragsy

I didn't really see the point in them, but one of the guys at work swears by them. I picked some up and they are really comfortable, and now it feels weird not using them. But it's kind of a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. They're worth a go as they're usually only a couple of pounds.

Yeah, I heard their selling point was that your fingers would, now and then, slip off the R2/L2 buttons. I can't say I've ever had that problem, so I don't need them.

Update 2.70 has been released. Details of what's included can be found here;

http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/ps3...%28ver-2-70%29/

I like the idea of the text chat, now that I've read into it. When it said you can now send messages to friends while playing a game, I thought that we were able to do that already. This is more of an instant messaging thing though, which I like. A lot.

EDIT: Oh, while I'm here...

I got my copy of World Snooker Championship 2009 early from Play.com (:D) Anyone here planning on buying it? I won't make a thread until I know others are getting it. If so, we'll have to arrange some pool/snooker matches to play online.

Edited by Baddar®

Breath of Fire 3, Killzone and I think you can get Suikoden off the PSN.

Ordered Mercs 2 and Mortal Kombat vs DC yesterday should be good.

Feel free to give us your opinions on MKvDC, I love a good beat uhm up, I love the old MK and I've recently got more love for DC, so I'm heavily contemplating this.

It's rubbish. I've never managed to do a fatality because you have to be in ridiculously specific positions to trigger them (like, pixel-perfect spots), it's been toned down for a 15/Teen rating, which compeltely goes against the MK way, and it's just not fun to play. I guess the gameplay's jsut dated now, or maybe it wasn't that good anyway and the violence overshadowed it. Looks pretty though.