The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I just bought Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm yesterday. Camera controls took a while to get used to (Everything on a console is a first for me, remember), but once i'd gotten used to it, the game was quite fun. The combat system feels a bit button-mashy, but the graphics are great and the open world (yet small) levels are fun to navigate. Only real complaint is the clunky missions system - it's quicker than moving throughout the level, but if you have a fun city to do ninja jumps, flips and whatnot in, why not take advantage of it?

Looks as though Sony's "electrifying announcement" may have been leaked a bit early. A Best Buy pre-order box features this promo for an Uncharted 2 "Multiplayer Beta Voucher," as revealed by Kotaku. From what we can garner from the box, purchasing inFamous will give players an early preview of Uncharted 2's online mode. This would be a rather smart move on Sony's part, leveraging one of its biggest franchises to promote a new IP.

Oh, and multiplayer in Uncharted 2??? That sounds pretty rad, too. Guess we'll find out all the details when embargoes end on Monday.

Joystiq PS3.

Awesome.

EDIT: Here's a really cool article about the making of the original PlayStation on Edge Online. http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/the-ma...-of-playstation

Edited by Cloudy The Lariat Hansen

Just finished playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and my god, this game follows the perfect blueprint to what a good Action game should be. It's fun, yet sometimes challenging. Never too challenging though, if you keep working on any puzzles or harder action parts, you'll crack it after a few tries, it very rarley get's to the point where I get all pissed off and stop playing. This was probaly the best use of a cover system I've played as well. My only complaint is that I would've liked a few more weapons, and to have a bit more options when it comes to taking on enemies. Like, there were moments when I felt like I should've been able to sneak past the enemies instead of having to fight them.

Just lost the sound on my PS3 mid-game on FIFA :S

Sound doesn't work through HDMI or composite and changing the sound settings plus resetting the PS3 hasn't done anything. The only other thing I've read that it could be is my TV has overheated but I've just checked my sky box and that's got sound just fine. Very worrysome.

edit: On further inspection. I can get picture only through HDMI. I can get oicture and sound together through composite but I can't get picture on HDMI along with audio through composite (which is what I would use with my gaming chair).

I'm leaning toward the HDMI cable being fux0red. I'm sure this happened to me before :S

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/27/joystiq-...nder-multiplay/

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/27/joystiq-...op-multiplayer/

Two Joystiq hands-on reviews of Uncharted 2's multiplayer.

Sounds like I'll be picking this game up for the multiplayer, because it sounds badass. Co-op multiplayer? Yes plz.

Edited by Cloudy The Lariat Hansen

How much d'you get Saints Row for?

Btw, seeing as I've not done much of it, fancy playing some of the story together on it? I believe you can...

I'll play through the storyline with you if you want? I've finished it myself and want a second playthrough.

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/04/28/...famous-trailer/

New inFamous trailer. Skating down power lines looks awesome.