The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I hope i will Finaly have the money for my PS3 in two weeks... but since it´s summer i could still wait... are there any cool bundles on the horrizont? - I am still planing to buy through Amazon.co.uk (one free game and one for 10 quid + hdmi cable)... so if any one of you wants to give me a partner linke... we could share the money that amazon payes you (that would be like 5% i belive... so around 15 British phound)

I hope i will Finaly have the money for my PS3 in two weeks... but since it´s summer i could still wait... are there any cool bundles on the horrizont? - I am still planing to buy through Amazon.co.uk (one free game and one for 10 quid + hdmi cable)... so if any one of you wants to give me a partner linke... we could share the money that amazon payes you (that would be like 5% i belive... so around 15 British phound)

Well this bundle is out this Friday: 80GB PS3 + Infamous + HDMI Cable £279.99 which seems like a good deal but can't see where you're getting the game for £10 from?

Well this bundle is out this Friday: 80GB PS3 + Infamous + HDMI Cable £279.99 which seems like a good deal but can't see where you're getting the game for £10 from?

That you can get here. - at first it only was Bundle + 10bp game + HDMI Game... with Little big planet, and later with killzone, when that soled out they changed it to chose one of the three games for free + the rest. I asume that the infamous bundle will be added to that offer soonish.

I am tempted to go for the UFC game as 10bp game... but i also would like to have GTA 4 and need to get my finances in order. (the plan is to get little big planet, gta4 and MGS4, fifa and a second dual shhock are already on my shelf)... but let´s wait and see what happens untill i have the money.

Issent Ghostbusters out very soon aswell?

Nice find, that offer. Amazon's site makes it stupidly hard to find offers and link them together.

Ghostbusters is out 19th June so not far away. Looks like you're taking this PS3 lark seriously so you might want to look into buying a bigger HD for it too. Depending on how many games/demos/movies/music you're gonna put on it. Having said mine was only a 40gb originally so I HAD TO upgrade.

Nice find, that offer. Amazon's site makes it stupidly hard to find offers and link them together.

Ghostbusters is out 19th June so not far away. Looks like you're taking this PS3 lark seriously so you might want to look into buying a bigger HD for it too. Depending on how many games/demos/movies/music you're gonna put on it. Having said mine was only a 40gb originally so I HAD TO upgrade.

I got my Mac directly conected to my TV and my Stereo so thats prity much were non hardcopy movies and Music do go.

+ i got aan external USB HardDrive of one TB, from wht i understand that one should be able to be used via one of the USB Ports of the PS3... i it´s fromated corectly.

Kinda wish I brought my PS3 with me back home, so I could download the inFamous demo and try that out. Been reading reviews on the game and watching gameplay footage, and it may be the second game I buy for the PS3(the first being Killzone 2.)

I thought the demo was pretty fun. The combat up close is a bit of a pain since I can't seem to figure out where the fuck the health bar was, but the powers are awesome. Grinding down a power cable, powergliding to the next building and landing with a huge fuck-off electrical pulse thingy is so awesome.

The karma thing is a bit weird though, don't think it's explained in the demo, but I was running around as a hero, by which I mean clearly labelled "Hero" until I picked up some object and um, turned "inFamous". Went all red and evil, was awesome though >_>

I just ordert the InFamous PS3 Bundel + Free HDMI Cable from the Amazon UK Store. It will ship tommorow (since i am in germany i don´t think i will see it before monday).

I also got me Little Big Planet and The Dark Knight on Blue Ray to test out Blue Ray on my HD Ready Sony Bravia.

All of this Stuff together will coast me around 380€ including the Shipping (and excluding the TV set :-p), a PS3 without anything is 370€ in germany.

I already got Fifa 09 and a Second Controller laying around here so that should last me a while with my bussy scheduel. I Still want GTA4 and MGS4... and maybe check in some old games like Oblivion game of the year edition, Uncharted and so on... but these games will only get Cheaper and for now i´ed rather give the games i payed for propper play time. ...i am also looking forward to new games and some of the PSN Downloads... but the only game i am realy "must buy now" looking forward to would be the new Team Ico Game and i think that this issent even anonced yet. So i´ll wait on Ghostbusters, Batman and so on aswell... :-D

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Just found out i had a 20€ gift code left, so i got me two PS2 -> PS3 Controler adapters aswell... 4 player Action to come!

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

DVD/Bluray remote is handy to have if you watch a lot of movies on it like I do. I also have this charging dock which isn't necessarily must-have but it looks cool and a good way of storing the controllers neatly.

My next purchase will probably be the official headset. Heard nothing but good things about it. Don't get the madcatz ones, they're crap.

How about the PSN Acounds? Do you guys all just have a US acound? Several acounds? Can you play all games with every acound? Wich countrys to get?!

Also, dos the PS3 use wlan or do i need to get a second cable in?

Use a German/European one for your main account as DLC only works on a regional basis. I have an American account that I use to download things that come up free in only area also.

DLC as in extras for games or as in everything? I always thought everyone and their mother get US acounds becaus you can get so much more stuff there than you can get here.

After Amazon had everything being prepared to get shiped pirrymuch since i ordert it yesterday (as in you cannot cancel this order anymore) they finaly managed to get two boxes on my way.... with the PS3 InFAMOUS bundle being the only one not yet sent out. :rolleyes:

Maybe i can play frisbey with the The Dark Knight Blue Ray and hang random villans with the HDMI cable! :w00t:

It finaly shiped aswell, but unlike the rest it´not set for 30th may, only 2. june... wich will do, still wacky.

In case anyone already has the PS3 InFamous Bundle... dos it come with the Uncharted 2 Beta key? Or is this only for the Play.com order anyway?