The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

So the new "improved" crossbar basically seems to mean that it's BIGGER which is annoying and looks too kiddie.

It's also added another link to the Store which it automatically snaps to in the game column. Grrrr.

Don't like the new PS3 logo either.

However apparantly you can now fast forward with the right stick in movies which is useful.....

You could always fast-forward or rewind with the left, but now the right stick alters the speed at which the movie players depending on the angle it's in! :o

• Like 1

The new PS3 is too cartoony. And the iPlayer thing is a little dissappointing as it's exactly the same as how it worked before the update, just with a link on the menu instead of having to the browser and type in the address, plus it seems a bit strange have the "TV" category for only one item.

Yeah, unless TV is getting a great deal more, they could've thrown the iPlayer into Video.

You guys are missing the PlayTV DVB-T thing. That is/was also in the category of TV if you bought it. (at least thats what i have been toled)

So when the new look first loaded I actually went into setup because it looked like it had gone OUT of 1080 mode into 760 or the 500-and-whatever mode.

Had a shock when I realized it hadn't. Sometimes I dislike the way that you HAVE to update the physical settings to how they WANT you to have them. This is the first update I haven't liked though. I didn't even get this pointless TV section either....

• Like 1

Well, maybe it´s only uncharted, some people seem to have no problems at all.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/02/users-report-firmware-3-0-causing-uncharted-freezes/

Just downloaded the Disgaea Patch. Since i have never played the game before but already bought a DLC... :shifty: ...might it just be that the Patch is pritty much only the DLC preloaded? Also, no trophies yet. :-/

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I got Disgaea 3 at the weekend having become unbelievably addicted to Disgaea 1 and I can't wait to get properly going with it. The level of depth and customisation offered by the first game was just staggering so factor that onto a Blu Ray disk WITH downloadable content and I'm seriously worried that I might never leave the 3 yard radius in front of my TV set.

That said, my PS3 seems to be hating the internet at the moment. The bloody thing will rarely, if ever, connect, and when it does the download speeds for comparatively tiny files are so slow as to be ridiculous. The demo of Wet took 39 minutes last weekend which surely can't be right, can it?

• Like 1

I'm glad I've only fought one battle in that case. Although I heard that the Fallout Trophy patch did something similar but it never affected me one iota. I'm hoping the lucky streak continues.

Of course, given that my PS3 still seems allergic to connecting to the PSN it may never be an issue :-/

• Like 1

The Disgaea 3 "All in one" DLC will be on the PSN Store today. I hope this means they seed the 2.30 Patch aswell so i can start playing without the fear of a patch comming that will disabel my savegame.

The Download is wooooping 50€, you could buy the game twice for that Price and still have money left over..... I´ll personaly stick with the 3 Extra Game Modes. Paying betwen 99 cent and 5€ for a Single extra character sprite seems way to much. Even if i like the idea of bringing old school Disgaea Characters back.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Regarding the "what's new" recently played thing, GTA4 doesn't work. I've played Burnout, MGS4, GTA4 and VidZone since the update has come out, and for some reason the 2 times I've played GTA4, it hasn't shown up the next time I turn the PS3 on.

I also don't like have they've seemingly taken off the PS3 logo when you fire up a game.

• Like 1

So is there any game on PSN i should get?

I got myself a 20$ US Store PSN Card yesterday becaus i wanted to have a good old bomberman slugfest with a bunch of frinds. Now i got 10.01$ left and i don´t really know what to do with it. I am looking for something that is 9.99$ to use up "all" the money on my US Acount. Mega Man 9? Soldner X? MGS1? What elth is there to "must have"? I am looking into Shatter and Flower aswell, but afair they are less then 10$. And Flower is just to short from what people tell me.

Right now i already own. Bomberman, Puzzelquest, Stardust HD, Rag doll Kung Fu and Fat Princess.

Best case would be something that is as much Multiplayer offline fun as it is in single Player Storymode. So a lot of replay value.

So is there any game on PSN i should get?

I got myself a 20$ US Store PSN Card yesterday becaus i wanted to have a good old bomberman slugfest with a bunch of frinds. Now i got 10.01$ left and i don´t really know what to do with it. I am looking for something that is 9.99$ to use up "all" the money on my US Acount. Mega Man 9? Soldner X? MGS1? What elth is there to "must have"? I am looking into Shatter and Flower aswell, but afair they are less then 10$. And Flower is just to short from what people tell me.

Right now i already own. Bomberman, Puzzelquest, Stardust HD, Rag doll Kung Fu and Fat Princess.

Best case would be something that is as much Multiplayer offline fun as it is in single Player Storymode. So a lot of replay value.

...MGS1 is on PSN? I did not see it when I purchased Crash Bandicoot earlier this evening. :(