The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I belive Kojima hinteds that his team would still be working on MGS4 and that there might be Trophies....

Just to address one issue that we’ve been getting a lot of comments about. And this is, of course, about trophies.

I just wanna tell everybody out there right now that your voices are being heard and that we’re not ignoring you. We hear everything that you are saying. It’s just that we can’t say anything just yet.

But as soon as we have something to say, we will announce it. So, if we can just ask everyone to be patient, we will give you an answer. But right now we can’t say anything. So we just ask for everyone’s understanding with that and just ask for everybody to remain patient and we’ll let you know.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=220953

is there still no way of playing ps2 games on ps3 it really sucks that i wont be able to play mgs 1,2,3 and god of war 1,2 just cause my ps2 is going out of date

PSOne Games work, so there is no problem with MGS1 (you can even buy it on PSN, at least in America). God of Ware 1 + 2 will get a PS3 re releas later this year.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

There might be a very smal list of PSOne Games that dos not work, but in genneral, every PSOne game should work. I belive it even alowes CD-Rs wen it comes to PSOne games (but i never tested it. Plus, you should know that burned media wears down the consoles laser faster than pressed media.)

Anyone else having problems with the PlayStation Store? I keep getting error 80023102, whatever that means.

EDIT: Never mind, just had to update my system. <_<

Edited by KoA

Is there anyway to set up your downloads similar to how it works on the 360? I can't seem to download any demos without just having to wait on main screen until it finishes. With the 360 you can watch a movie or play a game while it downloads in the background. When I click on download in the background, in the Playstation Store it seems like it works but after I finish playing a game or whatever and look at the download, it hasn't moved at all. Am I just doing something wrong or is there no way to do it?

I don't think it downloads whilst playing a game (I guess it may be fine if you are playing offline though?). Haven't tried watching a movie but it should be fine, as listening to music and web-browsing are fine IIRC.

http://www.us.playstation.com/sonywondergames/default.aspx

Free Litte Big PLanet DLC. You might need to erase your cookies and get more than one code. At least the first one i got was not working. It seems like it did not work with my EU Game even though the PS3 was able to instale it. But fool around anyway.