The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

First time I just played with the remote control car and swung a toy sword around a bit outside. So when the wife came back I was all "errrm no I haven't done any work. Hopefully I'll get some inspiration closer to the time..."

Spoiler for Dragsy if he's played past the third chapter.

When Shaun comes back to your skanky house you can go upstairs and in the office there's the same picture all dusty and unfinished. I didn't check the first go round so don't know if it's NOT there if you don't draw it.

Heavy Rain has been officially banned in the United Arab Emirates. The news comes courtesy of Kotaku, which confirmed a report on the ban from website Middle East Gamers. In its official response, Sony confirmed that the game had been banned by the country's National Media Council. Sony's statement goes on to make note that the game received an 18+ rating from Europe's PEGI, given that it was crafted as a "a genuinely adult experience" and "deals with strong content including blood and nudity." The statement adds that the game is "not intentionally controversial or sensationalist" and its content is in line with "a mainstream Hollywood thriller."

Sony's statement gives no official explanation of the ban, though the aforementioned adult content probably has something to do with it. If the NMC ban of Darksiders earlier this year is any indication, it seems likely that the game fell victim to the usual NMC criteria that the its contents "contradict with the UAE's customs and traditions."

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/22/heavy-rain-banned-in-united-arab-emirates/

I clearly didn't make the right decisions to get the "nudity". However I think I know where to look. :pervert:

It is a GENUINELY adult experience though. Seriously it should be an 18 - like a proper legal 18 movie certification and not the stupid suggestion rating.

In Japan it's CERO D which is the same as Wet, Way Of The Samurai 3, Killzone 2, Farcry 2 and Bioshock. Which are mostly 15s right? They have CERO Z too I think for GTA and similar.

CERO A is Little Big Planet and CERO C is Uncharted 2.

I'd rate Heavy Rain an 18 because it's full of adult decisions and situations which make it even more requiring of a high rating than the violence, drug abuse, nudity and swearing.

I clearly didn't make the right decisions to get the "nudity". However I think I know where to look. :pervert:

I thought the Japanes Version was the one that got zensored in that department? (could not have been in the violence with the movies that country produced)

The German Version is Uncut and Rated 16.

5182IIGa-WL._AA280_.jpg

You have to love how they get bigger and bigger with that rating bullshit, i think there might even be some cover hidden benith it... i guss i will just print out the EU Cover that get´s put on the US Blog if i care enough.

It´s even more fun with DS Covers since they are not alowed to fit the Rating in the smaler box. Needs to be at least (yes, you can go bigger...) 3,46 cm x 3,46 cm.

61jQS0nOjmL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Just playing a bit of the Yakuza 3 demo and must say that it's just like walking around downtown. All the shops are just the same (but with different names) and I can recognise the kanji for all different places. It's a really weird experience and a bit like a busman's holiday (except the Yakuza part....)

Woah, the Suntory Boss Coffee machine has all the expected drinks in. Soooo weird.

Makes me wonder if they have any viral stuff online, like maybe a YouTube 'game' similar to that Street Fighter one.

They did, the four day chalange, you are still able to play it even though it´s not "live" anymore. One of the prices was getting the Demo a week early, there will be another reward for the final mission.

http://heavyrainps3.com/

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Ad Clawson to the hatelist.

In the meantime, FREESTUFF!

Featured Post

Posted on 23 February by Adam Grant – PSP European Product Manager, SCEE

Kahoots Theme Giveaway

We know you like Kahoots and we do too.

So we have created a Kahoots Theme for PS3 and PSP and we are giving this away free as part of minis month.

Kahoots Wallpaper

The wallpaper of the theme is a photo taken when a few of the Kahoots went for a picnic in the park. We catch them just as they have having tea, sitting on a fallen tree.

We have 5,000 of both the PS3 and PSP version available, and you can download them via the following codes:

PS3: N54G-HNBG-6KT4

PSP: 39JE-2QBF-ALPE

As this is part of the minis month promotion, the code will only work up until the end of February. So get downloading now.

To apply the theme to your PSP or PS3:

1) Choose Settings on the PS3 or PSP Home Menu and select the Theme Settings option

2) Press the CROSS button to display the Theme Menu, then press the CROSS button again to display a list of available themes

3) Scroll to the desired theme and select Apply

Enjoy.

Pritty Pointles, but free!

According to Hammy, I have no soul. But I'm super competivite so meh...

EDIT: Anybody else having the Playstation.com Trophy Page acting weirdly? It didn't show my Beatles: Rock Band Trophies until I played Heavy Rain and now it's not showing my Heavy Rain trophies.

Edited by Clawson

First time I just played with the remote control car and swung a toy sword around a bit outside. So when the wife came back I was all "errrm no I haven't done any work. Hopefully I'll get some inspiration closer to the time..."

Spoiler for Dragsy if he's played past the third chapter.

When Shaun comes back to your skanky house you can go upstairs and in the office there's the same picture all dusty and unfinished. I didn't check the first go round so don't know if it's NOT there if you don't draw it.

Yeah I noticed that, great attention to detail. Also, my heart sank when

I picked up the picture Shaun had drawn in his room of the accident.

I need to get on and play more, it's just...ugh, PS3 >_>

It is a GENUINELY adult experience though. Seriously it should be an 18 - like a proper legal 18 movie certification and not the stupid suggestion rating.

In Japan it's CERO D which is the same as Wet, Way Of The Samurai 3, Killzone 2, Farcry 2 and Bioshock. Which are mostly 15s right? They have CERO Z too I think for GTA and similar.

CERO A is Little Big Planet and CERO C is Uncharted 2.

I'd rate Heavy Rain an 18 because it's full of adult decisions and situations which make it even more requiring of a high rating than the violence, drug abuse, nudity and swearing.

Heavy Rain is a BBFC 15 over here, it should definitely be an 18 from what I've seen so far. Could've sworn they're shifting over to exclusively PEGI ratings, but apparently not, or at least not yet. Also, Wet is an 18(I'm picking that up for you tomorrow by the way, therewas a mishap last week and the copy I'd put by was sold :@), along with Bioshock (1 and 2), Farcry and Killzone.

Is it kind of sad that I know a lot of games' ratings by heart, and also whether they're BBFC or PEGI? >_>

I can think of one place where female nudity could be happening. I will check to see on this next play through.

Spoilers about the Nudity I heard about. Nothing Story related since i don´t know who and when... and not even if they are true.

I heard about male and female nudity, a Sex Scene and a Shower Scene.