The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

5392125499_406c811ecc.jpg

Thats it. They call it NGP. (but thats just a Codename because they did not want to say PSP2 :shifty: )

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/01/27/next-generation-portable-ngp-all-the-early-details/

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/01/27/introducing-ngp/

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

That does look impressive. I'll wait for the battery life and launch price (which I expect to be astronomical) before decided whether I want one or not. Thank fuck there's no UMDs and they've switched to a DS like card. My one worry is that the face buttons look a bit high and may be uncomfortable to accomadate the needed right analogue stick. I'm sure it's fine when holding though, just some conern from looking at it.

So, tomorrow I'm acquiring a PS3 from a co-worker (as those who are my facebook friends know), it's coming with 6 or so games. Just wondering what games I should be playing on PS3... only game I know that is coming with the system is God of War III. So, yeah. Help me out, EWB.

So, tomorrow I'm acquiring a PS3 from a co-worker (as those who are my facebook friends know), it's coming with 6 or so games. Just wondering what games I should be playing on PS3... only game I know that is coming with the system is God of War III. So, yeah. Help me out, EWB.

These are some recommendations based on what I've played. MoH I suggest renting, since people either love it or despise it.

Assassin's Creed 2

Mirror's Edge

Red Dead Redemption

Burnout Paradise

Borderlands

Medal of Honor

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

These are some recommendations based on what I've played. MoH I suggest renting, since people either love it or despise it.

Assassin's Creed 2

Mirror's Edge

Red Dead Redemption

Burnout Paradise

Borderlands

Medal of Honor

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I already have RDR and Burnout Paradise for 360. The Uncharted games are on my radar, as is ModNation Racers. I'm in a holding pattern to see what other games are in the package. I appreciate it though.

So as far as battery life goes for the psp2, good news and bad news.

The good news is that no longer will it have moving parts that suck battery life. The screen is also an energy saver.

The bad news is that with all the extras they added in to it to make it run as well as it does, it will use up a lot of power giving you games that rival the ps3.

In the end, I would expect 5 hours.

My favourite six games (aside from sports games) I've played on the PS3 are:

Metal Gear Solid 4

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Heavy Rain

Mirror's Edge

Assassin's Creed 2

Uncharted 2

Wen will you ever play longer than five houres without being able to recharge it? You should start to fear if Sony sais it has only 5 hours, because than it would die in three. I always wonder how most companys come up with their batterie life numbers.

New Geohots hilarety is ensuing. Some judge agreed to Sonys restraining order to keep him from spreading the key temporarly. Obviusly this is to keep Sony from taking any damage untill a real verdict is in (i think they do not fully understand the internet) but the angry Mob is celebreating. Most fun comment i read is "other people get free trophies!!11"... Kinda reminded me of the first WoW Addone wen all the high end Raid Gear people colected over month got outstated by common drobs all over the map. What dos this teach you kids? E-Penis is worth nothing, games are for fun only, don´t forget to have a real life.

Wen will you ever play longer than five houres without being able to recharge it? You should start to fear if Sony sais it has only 5 hours, because than it would die in three. I always wonder how most companys come up with their batterie life numbers.

I fly lots. So I use my psp then. 5 hours is good, 3 is not.

It looks impressive, just a shame it's going to get demolished by the 3DS in terms of sales. This is Nintendo's bread and butter since the DS, they innovate while the Big Two play catch up. Touch screens and motion control in the last few years, and glasses-free 3D up next, which everyone will scramble to implement when Nintendo moves along to the next thing.

But still, PS3 quality handheld gaming? That's pretty nuts. If they can keep the price tag down and the battery life up, Sony might rebound in the handheld market.

I can't see how it isn't going to be the Lynx and Game Gear all over again. No way is the technology there to give any sort of battery life with PS3 level graphics and necessary processing speed to run at a reasonable frame rate. My money is on 2 hours of battery. If it was more smart phones wouldn't need charging every day and a half.

It looks impressive, just a shame it's going to get demolished by the 3DS in terms of sales. This is Nintendo's bread and butter since the DS, they innovate while the Big Two play catch up. Touch screens and motion control in the last few years, and glasses-free 3D up next, which everyone will scramble to implement when Nintendo moves along to the next thing.

But still, PS3 quality handheld gaming? That's pretty nuts. If they can keep the price tag down and the battery life up, Sony might rebound in the handheld market.

The big two meaning Microsoft and Sony? Well, microsoft would have a LOT of catching up to do, since it has pretty much zero out there for handhelds besides phones. As for rebounding? The psp handheld has sold 66 MILLION devices. Thats about 15 MILLION more than the Xbox 360 home system. Now, granted, the DS has sold about 144 million. Thats insane. But you can't say that sony bombed with control of 1/3 the market for hand held gaming.

3D is great. Don't get me wrong. I own a 3d tv. But I use it sparingly because I know that the 3d gimmick is just that. Its fun for a bit, then your mind ignores it.

I can't ignore the ability to play ps3 games and get trophies on the go. Thats awesome.

I can't see how it isn't going to be the Lynx and Game Gear all over again. No way is the technology there to give any sort of battery life with PS3 level graphics and necessary processing speed to run at a reasonable frame rate. My money is on 2 hours of battery. If it was more smart phones wouldn't need charging every day and a half.

By losing the moving parts of the very energy inefficient UMD and also trading up on the screens from LED they are hoping to break even at around 5 hours play time. I too will be interested in seeing how it carries out, but I can see where they made a trade off so they can give it more power.