The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

"Downward slide since FF7"?

He's pretty right.

Nah, FF IX was better than FF VIII. Furthermore, FF VII through FF X are fucking awesome. Didn't care for XII. XIII was horrible.

Yeah I'm glad he skipped IX in his destruction of the recent ones. I would've skipped VIII too but IX is really the best/most unloved Final Fantasy.

I thought X-2 was okay. I went in with low expectations though and I knew it wasn't going to be a "traditional" Final Fantasy game.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2011/07/10/final-fantasy-x-2-review-part-1/

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2011/07/21/final-fantasy-x-2-review-%e2%80%93-part-2/

Already seen and commented on them. Even Spoony admits the game is likeable in an odd kind of way.

Plus you've got to remember his whole schtick is raging on games/movies.

Just completed Limbo. What a game! I died so many times but I never got frustrated, that's how impressive it is. When you complete a tough puzzle you genuinely feel smart after it and I'm proud I completed it without looking up a walkthrough, something I thought I'd be sure to do after playing the first quarter of the game. Not sure what to make of the ending though.

I take it you're still picking up Dead Island though? It'll probably be a day one purchase for me.

Le sigh, if only you were going to get it for the 360.

Also? My next PS3 game purchase will likely be Disgaea 4! Coming out the same day as Dead Island >_< If I can beat it by December 30th-ish, I will have beaten all 4 main games within a year :o

I'm getting Dead Island for PS3 because my brother in law will be too - he hasn't got a 360.

Rage will depend on how many from here get it on either console.

So that's Dead Island, FIFA 12, PES 2012, Rage and WWE 12 over the next few months - and I still have a shitload of games I need to finish, namely LA Noire.