Good Actors, Crap Roles

Liam

I saw this somewhere else before, so thought I'd put it on here. The basic idea is that there are some actors that, although they have put out some really good stuff, have also starred in some films that suck big time balls. The thing is, the better the good roles, the more likely people are to ignore the shit that they also put out.

So, which good actors would you say has gotten away with the most amount of crap roles in deference to the awesome stuff they have also been able to put out along the way?

....if that makes any sense....>_>

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raul Julia as Bison in Street Fighter

Ah-Nold as Mr Freeze

Jim Carrey as The Riddler

Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face

Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy

Rob Schneider in any starring role

David Spade in anything without Chris Farley minus P.C.U.

William Shatner as General Mortors in Loaded Weapon 1

Richard Pryor in Critical Condition

Jean Claude Van Damme in anything where his primary role is a martial artist, post Blood Sport

Raul Julia as Bison in Street Fighter

Ah-Nold as Mr Freeze

Jim Carrey as The Riddler

Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face

Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy

Rob Schneider in any starring role

David Spade in anything without Chris Farley minus P.C.U.

William Shatner as General Mortors in Loaded Weapon 1

Richard Pryor in Critical Condition

Jean Claude Van Damme in anything where his primary role is a martial artist, post Blood Sport

Honestly? You've gotta be kidding me. I know it's against the rules and what-not to like BF and B&R, but Arnold made a fantastic Mr. Freeze, and was probably the saving grace of that film, and Carrey and TLJ were fantastic in Forever. Yeah, the characters (especially Freeze and Two-Face) were fucked up to high heavens when the comics are concerned, but they did fantastic in those roles, especially Carrey.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say Carrey's Riddler is one of my top five roles for Carrey, and I'm a huge fan of anything Jim.

Edit: Totally agreed on Thurman tho, it was like she forgot everything she'd ever done overnight.

Edited by O! HO HO

I'm going to take flack for this, but Kirsten Dunst as MJ in Spider-Man, in the comics she's fantastic, vivacious and supportive, which is what Dunst does with aplomb, in the films she's a whiny neurotic cow.

No flack, I completely agree. I was hoping they might consider killing her off in SM2 or SM3 and then go with Gwen Stacy as his love. Or re-cast her. She is awful in the films, how am I suppose to buy someone so...so, generic-looking as a supermodel?

I'll never get why writers think people want to see the hero with someone who moans at them every time they see one another, it doesn't make me feel like they're destined to be together, it makes me feel like they had an argument with their wife/girlfriend and decided to take it out on the script.

I'm gonna have to add in Matthew Broderick that enjoys doing crap like Deck The Halls, Inspector Gadget, Godzilla...

Project X was awful...

Let's watch Matthew Broderick tote a monkey around that's being trained to fly a B-52.

Let's see, some more....

Kevin Kline in Wild Wild West

Tim Robbins in Howard the Duck and that movie with Martin Lawerence

Most anything with Eddie Murphy these days blows....Pluto Nash, anyone?