The Anime Thread

Ruki

Oh man, I can't wait for next week's MHA. I was hoping the season would end on this particular storyline, and for a while I thought it would end before it, so to have it confirmed it will be adapted is great. Knowing it's nearly ending though... 😥

I'll always recommend Code Geass.

A plot synopsis, from Wikipedia:

The story is set in an alternative timeline where the world is divided into three superpowers: the Holy Britannian Empire (the Americas; also called Britannia), the Chinese Federation (Asia), and the European Union (Europe and Africa; previously known as the Euro-Universe, also known as Europa United in Akito the Exiled). The story takes place after the Holy Britannian Empire's conquest of Japan on August 10, 2010 a.t.b., by means of Britannia's newest weapon, the "Autonomous Armored Knight", or "Knightmare Frame". In turn, Britannia effectively strips Japan and its citizens of all rights and freedoms and renames the country Area 11 with its citizens referred to as Elevens.

Lelouch vi Britannia is an exiled Britannian prince, son of Emperor Charles zi Britannia and his royal consort Marianne vi Britannia. Lelouch has one sister, Nunnally vi Britannia. Marianne was brutally murdered in the palace and Nunnally, who witnessed the murder of their mother, was so traumatized she lost both her sight and ability to walk. Lelouch is furious with his father, believing his father failed his mother and sister by turning a blind eye to their mother's death and failing to pursue their mother's killer.

The story begins with Lelouch and Nunnally being sent as political pawns to Japan to lull the Japanese government into a false sense of security. After the siblings are sent to Japan, Japan is attacked and defeated by Britannia. With the ruins of Japan as a background, Lelouch vows to his Japanese friend Suzaku Kururugi that he will one day obliterate Britannia as an act of vengeance against his father.

7 hours ago, =BK= said:

You need an All Might statue.

I know! But the sites I usually get anime stuff didn't have any All Might statues (even googling them didn't turn out any results), and these two I do have, I got them yesterday at my first Comic Con (which is really quite small, when compared to other Comic Cons around the world... I liked it, but I know it doesn't compare to the US ones, for instance), but again, no All Might. And actually, when I started looking out for MHA statues, it was to get an All Might one, hopefully in his typical "hands closed on his waist, smiling" pose. No such luck.

I've been finding a surprisingly low number of MHA statues, actually... even on the sites I usually use, these two were the only ones available. Weird... But I'll keep an eye out for more stuff.

The people working at MHA really outdid themselves again with this latest episode. Everything from the action to the voice acting was superb once again.

This episode really showed just how much Bakugou has evolved as a character. In the beginning of the show, I really hated him, as he was just a stereotypical bully, but along the way, he showed different layers (all the while retaining the same constant "kill-kill-kill" attitude), but while he and Deku's relationship seemed to improve after the last few episodes of the second season, with their whole teaming up to take on All Might exercise, this episode saw it become, as All Might said, a relationship of proper rivals. I really have to take my hat off to Kohei Horikoshi, as he dealt with this masterfully.

How many episodes are left in season 3? Is next week's the last? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms just thinking about it...

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

So glad they are doing season 4

I hope there's a special between with Trunks finishing his timelines androids.

28 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I hope there's a special between with Trunks finishing his timelines androids.

I think one of the guys mentioned that they would be doing that.

Also, outside of MHA, I've been having little luck in getting into any shows lately. I tried Akami Ga Kill, but I was just not interested after 2 or 3 episodes. I watched most of Megalobox, but kinda gave up on it (even though the music and animation style is awesome). I would give Darling in the Franxx a try, but it's not available in Canada anymore unless you're a premium member. It's just disappointing :(

On 15/09/2018 at 20:15, Ruki said:

I think one of the guys mentioned that they would be doing that.

Also, outside of MHA, I've been having little luck in getting into any shows lately. I tried Akami Ga Kill, but I was just not interested after 2 or 3 episodes. I watched most of Megalobox, but kinda gave up on it (even though the music and animation style is awesome). I would give Darling in the Franxx a try, but it's not available in Canada anymore unless you're a premium member. It's just disappointing :(

Have you seen Jojo's?