Doctor Who

Benji

• 1 month later...

Not that there's a lot to go on, but I'm not a fan of the trailer. Suggests a move back to more RTD-esque domestic stories, and away from high concept. Main concern coming out of that is that it'll be a weak series, and it'll just give more ammunition to the trolls to blame it on a female Doctor.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume this already aired in the U.K., since it was apparently done last year, but BBC America ran something called "The Lost Episode" last week. I was expecting it to be another one of the Troughton stories animated ala POWER OF THE DALEKS. Nope. It was...SHADA.

They animated the parts that weren't filmed and had the cast reunite to record dialog. Cool thing is they tacked an extra live action scene at the end, which I liked. Tom Baker is still my favorite Doctor, though Tennant is close behind. (Pertwee was my second favorite pre-NuWho.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Series 11 will start on October 7th (yes, a Sunday).

The first episode is titled:

Spoiler

The Woman Who Fell to Earth

14 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Why is it starting on a Sunday?

The entire series will be on a Sunday. It's because of Strictly Come Dancing apparently.

• 1 month later...

It was great, loved Jodie and the new set of companions. The story of the episode was worthwhile and a fun opener to the series. Can't wait to see what's next.

It being set in Sheffield definitely helped, I know the city so well so there were lots of little "hey, it's that place!" nods for me as I was watching.