Doctor Who

Benji

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Davros pretty much reduced to a head in a Dalekanium casing last time he popped up?

I've got an idea for how they could temporarily replace a Doctor if they had to (ie, the actor gets sick or injured early in a season or before they start filming and they don't want to delay things or write him out temporarily): Something happens to the Doctor that normally wouldn't trigger a regeneration but does. The new Doctor explains after awhile (ie, after he recovers from the regeneration process and examining himself to figure out why he regenerated) that he apparently has an illness that's so rare that the Time Lords considered it a myth and that one of the side effects is that it triggers a regeneration when it hits. The writers make the character pretty much unlikeable - just enough that you don't care that he won't be around long, but not enough to make you hate him - and at some point when the original actor is ready to come back, the Doctor retro-regenerates back into his previous incarnation, later explaining that he remembers everything that happened. Apparently another undocumented side effect is that the regeneration process can somehow turn back the clock, and that he doesn't know what will happen next time he regenerates or if the two regenerations even count as true regenerations or not.

Whattaya think?

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Davros pretty much reduced to a head in a Dalekanium casing last time he popped up?
Hardly stops him being a threat, this is Davros after all.

I've got an idea for how they could temporarily replace a Doctor if they had to (ie, the actor gets sick or injured early in a season or before they start filming and they don't want to delay things or write him out temporarily): Something happens to the Doctor that normally wouldn't trigger a regeneration but does. The new Doctor explains after awhile (ie, after he recovers from the regeneration process and examining himself to figure out why he regenerated) that he apparently has an illness that's so rare that the Time Lords considered it a myth and that one of the side effects is that it triggers a regeneration when it hits. The writers make the character pretty much unlikeable - just enough that you don't care that he won't be around long, but not enough to make you hate him - and at some point when the original actor is ready to come back, the Doctor retro-regenerates back into his previous incarnation, later explaining that he remembers everything that happened. Apparently another undocumented side effect is that the regeneration process can somehow turn back the clock, and that he doesn't know what will happen next time he regenerates or if the two regenerations even count as true regenerations or not.

Whattaya think?

I don't like the idea, seems like far too easy a way out. It could work on someone other than The Doctor, but not the main character, would feel so cheap.

That was crappy, though the scene with the Doctor fending off poison with ginger beer, salt and anchovies was funny. It was also silly but was about the least silly thing in the whole episode. If you want a Dr/ Who murder mystery, watch Back Orchid. Its only 'good' ast best, but you get to watch Peter Davidson play cricket for almost ten minutes.

After an average episode and a crap one, we can rejoice next episode with the first part of a Stephen Moffatt double bill!

If you don't know why this is good news see: The Empty Child (excellent), The Doctor Dances (great), The Girl in the Fireplace (astounding, a 'favourite' of mine) or Blink (best 'who' ever?)

So yeah, it can't be bad. It'd break physics.

Edited by timmayy Aaron XXIV

Silly and harmless fun, slightly too pure murder mystery and not enough Doctor Who silliness murder mystery for my liking (barring the giant wasp of course, which was useless, the story would've worked just as well, ironically probably better, if he was simply her regular human son), still, I assume there's more being set up for the finale with his comment "that's the reason I keep on travelling" comment and the fact the last episode this season is called "Journeys End". Unmemorable episode, but not as bad as it could have been.

It was, by far, the best episode they've done with a famous author. It wasn't outstanding, but it was good harmless fun.

Sadly, despite the writer behind the next episode, it looks amazingly shit.

The Dickens episode shat all over it, ate the excrement, then shat over it again.

I still think "Journey's End" might have something to do with the Ood telling the Doctor that his "song was ending" - the song meaning his travels. The Doctor's going to decide to stay in one place, stop travelling, stop "running". Until something happens to jolt him out of it, of course.

The BBC Press Office and various media sources (originally broken by MediaGuardian) have announced that Steven Moffat is to succeed Russell T Davies as the chief writer and executive producer of Doctor Who when it returns for its fifth series.

The article states that Moffat will replace Davies in 2009, taking over as "showrunner" for the fifth series in 2010. Moffat has been responsible for several episodes of the revived Doctor Who to date, including the BAFTA Award-winning "Blink" and the fortmcoming two-parter "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead".

Davies is quoted as saying: "It's been a delight and an honour working with Steven, and I can't wait to see where his extraordinary imagination takes the Doctor. Best of all, I get to be a viewer again, watching on a Saturday night!"

The BBC press release includes a comment from Moffat himself: "My entire career has been a Secret Plan to get this job. I applied before but I got knocked back 'cos the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven. Anyway, I'm glad the BBC has finally seen the light, and it's a huge honour to be following Russell into the best - and the toughest - job in television. I say toughest 'cos Russell's at my window right now, pointing and laughing."

Wow. Sad to see RTD go, but what a replacement - I know it's a fanboy's dream, but I never saw it happening, what with Moffat's career going places (the Tintin movie). This is going to be great.

The BBC Press Office and various media sources (originally broken by MediaGuardian) have announced that Steven Moffat is to succeed Russell T Davies as the chief writer and executive producer of Doctor Who when it returns for its fifth series.

The article states that Moffat will replace Davies in 2009, taking over as "showrunner" for the fifth series in 2010. Moffat has been responsible for several episodes of the revived Doctor Who to date, including the BAFTA Award-winning "Blink" and the fortmcoming two-parter "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead".

Davies is quoted as saying: "It's been a delight and an honour working with Steven, and I can't wait to see where his extraordinary imagination takes the Doctor. Best of all, I get to be a viewer again, watching on a Saturday night!"

The BBC press release includes a comment from Moffat himself: "My entire career has been a Secret Plan to get this job. I applied before but I got knocked back 'cos the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven. Anyway, I'm glad the BBC has finally seen the light, and it's a huge honour to be following Russell into the best - and the toughest - job in television. I say toughest 'cos Russell's at my window right now, pointing and laughing."

Wow. Sad to see RTD go, but what a replacement - I know it's a fanboy's dream, but I never saw it happening, what with Moffat's career going places (the Tintin movie). This is going to be great.

I kid you not when I say a metaphorical small tear of joy just escaped my eyes, that is the best non-story related news Who has had since it was announced as returning.

RIGHT... so... theories...

River Song could be Jenny, she used the name "The Archaeologist", just like any Time Lord with a title, she made a very special point of saying THE Archaeologist and no A/AN Archaeologist. The flaw is that he's younger than she's ever known (though he's the same age as when she met him episodes ago, so not really a flaw, could just be her being older making her think of him as younger) and she seems not to recognise Donna.

Also, I'm pretty sure that we're going to have both Daleks and Time Lords return from an alternate universe when Rose comes back, thus rejuvinating the two and allowing The Doctor to be able to "end his journey", at least until something massive pulls him back in.