Doctor Who

Benji

In the Doctor Who special, to be aired tomorrow at 5.35pm, the actor playing the new Doctor will be giving his or her initial reaction to being the new, 11th incarnation of one of television's most loved characters.
Anybody else notice that? I doubt they'd go that route, but it'll sure throw wood on the fire. Edited by Benji T

No. Unless she gets it, in which case I will.

Aww I wanted some discussion. I'm not saying I'd choose that route by the way, just that I wouldn't be opposed to it happening if it did. Also note from that press release that they seem surprised they got someone so significant, so now my mind's running rampant wondering who it could be and whether or not it'll be a let down.

If it is Paterson Joseph, presumably he won't be returning in the second series of Survivors? Seems like they'd be filming at the same time, and (Survivors spoilers below)

given that he looks likely to die after the Survivors cliffhanger it looks like they've prepared themselves for him leaving

The new Doctor wouldn't start filming until July and I'm fairly sure the next series of Survivors is shot before then, so he probably could film it if it were him.

I'm 50% sure it's going to be Joseph, 40% sure it's going to be Chiwetel Ejiofor, and 10% on somebody completely unexpected. I'm enjoying speculating though.

The new Doctor wouldn't start filming until July and I'm fairly sure the next series of Survivors is shot before then, so he probably could film it if it were him.

Last series they were filming from roughly May until September, and the second series is apparantly going to start this year so I'd imagine filming would be roughly the same.

They're for the same channel though, so if it was an issue I'm sure they'd reach some agreement.

Catherine Tate was awful. All she can do is act the "Nan" character from her awful repetitive show, or that "Lauren" character from her awful repetitive show. Donna was simply the love child of the two and I am glad she's gone.

Billie Piper should be the Doctor. :wub: Since Tennant's Doctor loves her he should regenerate into her form as a projection of the image in his heart.