Doctor Who

Benji

Fab episode, I think children everywhere will be counting shadows now though. :D

I have three ideas on River Song could be:

1) Rose, but I don't think she went to the end of the universe with Doc, like she said in the trailer for Part Dos.

2) A time lord, like Benjirino said. This is the probably the most likely.

And my third, but weirdest:

3) Captain Jack! It may seem strange, but think about it. Who has a sonic square thing? Jack. Who went to the end of the universe with Doctor? Jack. Who could be around at that point in time. Jack...

Fab episode, I think children everywhere will be counting shadows now though. :D

I have three ideas on River Song could be:

1) Rose, but I don't think she went to the end of the universe with Doc, like she said in the trailer for Part Dos.

2) A time lord, like Benjirino said. This is the probably the most likely.

And my third, but weirdest:

3) Captain Jack! It may seem strange, but think about it. Who has a sonic square thing? Jack. Who went to the end of the universe with Doctor? Jack. Who could be around at that point in time. Jack...

I think Rose and Jack are eliminated because River had only seen The Doctor when he looked older than he does now, so it has to be someone he hasn't met before but will meet before his next regeneration. If it was a time lord he should have been able to sense them based on previous continuity?

My guess is that she's a future companion - that'd explain why she's been places with him. Possibly with a romantic connection, which would explain some of the comments. The blue book could be her diary of their travels together? That would make them spoilers to future adventures. It also fits around one of the themes of this season being the companions.

If there's some sort of time shift \ change in the season finale they could then write out the character by having the future where she became his companion eliminated...or this future version of the doctor could be part of the finale, and this is the set up.

Great episode though, lots of great little hints and foreshadowing.

Be cool if she is a Time Lady. It was cool that she had a more powerful Sonic Screwdriver. I was thinking about something though. The Ood stated that "Your song will end soon" earlier.

Did they actually mean, the person called Song? As she would be "his" Song, as they've obviously travelled together.

Be cool if she is a Time Lady. It was cool that she had a more powerful Sonic Screwdriver. I was thinking about something though. The Ood stated that "Your song will end soon" earlier.

Did they actually mean, the person called Song? As she would be "his" Song, as they've obviously travelled together.

Whoa, great catch there, didn't even think about that.

I'm really convinced she's a Time Lord, like I said, she may be a Time Lord from the alternate dimension that Rose was in, in which case The Doctor may not recognise her mental patterns as they wouldn't be totally similar to his own dimensions.

Boa/Jack only met two iterations of The Doctor. Ninth and Tenth.

Good episode, but what d'ya expect from Moffatt. Cool idea and written very well, lookin forward to the finale and I assume Donna will be ridden of at some point before that woman appears in the correct order in time. She reminded me of Harriet Jones for some reason as well, random comment >_>.

Good episode, next week is Donna-lite yes? Woop woop. The fit dumb girl was back and yay for that, confused badly as to who the woman could be, but hopefully we find that out in the finale. Are there daleks again this year?

I don't think she's just a future prop - if they were going in that direction then they would have left things very vague so that they have plenty of wiggle room to write her into future stories, but they made plenty of pretty specific references to her role and place in the timeline. It could be a red herring, but I thought the hints were pretty clear that she's The Doctor's future wife (the only reason to give her his real name), with their marriage happening after Donna leaves but before his next regeneration.

Speaking of which, near the end there was the third (fourth?) little reference this season to The Doctor possibly not being able to regenerate...that could tie in with "his song ending", it could be foreshadowing that he finds out that he is on his final regeneration (or loses the ability for some reason) and so not only is he the final time lord, he's also the final incarnation of the final time lord.

I don't think she's necesarilly anyone important after the episode, I think he may see her in some kind of spin-off media, but I'm assuming he just told her that so he'd know to trust her when the time came, after all, a dead woman won't spoil anything, right?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I swear I just heard the simultaneous explosion of pretty much every Doctor-Rose shipper on Earth. :)

Any bets on a new companion? With Donna out of commission (which sucks), Rose back in her own universe, Mickey/Martha set to join Torchwood (AKA the home for ex-companions), and Sarah Jane returning to her own series, it looks like there's a spot open. :)

It looks like they're going with a different compainon for each of the specials, which is a nice idea. The doctor travells alone, which is something we hven't seen in the new series despite that being all he ever talks about, while keeping an assistant in place which the BBC feels is needed.

I don't mind the "Doctor Travels Alone" stuff, in fact I WANT that, I just don't want them to decide every shitty character he makes friends with is a companion [Cough]Astrid[/Cough] when they're in it for one episode and are really quite unbelievably rubbish.