The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

Grayditch question

The kid tells you about some supplies in Grayditch, but seen as I got this quest last week and am only now starting to play it where are they?

I won't mark this as a spoiler since it's pretty vague: in a dumpster behind the diner.

Also in something completely unrelated...Fawkes kicks all kinds of ass.

That is all.

EDIT: That's not all. How the fuck am I able to loot a Power Armor, Power Armor Helmet, Laser Rifle, and Energy Cells from a pile of ashes? That's a bit fucking wacko. o_O

Questioning the logic of items you pick up in RPGs = fuking 'wacko'.

Awesome! I just found a throw back to Fallout 2! Fuck, I marked out so hardcore!

In Oasis, the talking tree....Herbert and Harold from Fallout 2! That was so fucking awesome!

And fuck King Mirelurks.

His name is Bob, thank you very much. And Fallout 1 Harold > Fallout 2 Harold, mostly because I still haven't played Fallout 2 yet.

For anyone in the UK who was after the original games and finding it hard to get them you should try Gamestation. I don't know if it's nationwide or just my local store but I went in today and they had a few sealed copies of the Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics collection pack for the PC. And it was only £7.99.

Edited by Zombie Lesnar

I cant believe how people find it difficult to acquire the original games. Just a slender tour in my local shopping center and I have already seen both, in a bundle even, twice. And they just sit there with nobody buying them. And yet they continue to have a place on the shelf.

Oh, and Fallout Tactics is not an original game. Just a cheap business trick / rip-off. <_<

Plug:

Good Old Games carries Fallout 1,2, and Tactics for about six bucks a piece. DRM free and optimized to work with XP and Vista depending on your poison. CD Projekt of The Witcher fame run the place so it's reliable enough for those people who are nervous about that sort of thing.

http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/

Lot's of awesome games on there. Unreal Tournament GOTY, Sacred Gold, Jagged Alliance, Wing Commander...

*drools*

Well No Mutants Allowed finally posted a review of the game, which is surprisingly positive. I'd be wary of possible spoilers for those of you who haven't completed most of the quests.

NMA Fallout 3 Review

Some people will blow a lot of this off as being nit picky, but the fact of the matter is when you're throwing the number three behind something you should really focus on keeping the setting cohesive and sensible. The originals went into a lot of detail to make things sensible and fairly realistic (for the most part).

Anyways it's a good review that I mostly agree with. Much more positive than I ever expected a NMA review of the game to be considering their history.

"We're not going to suddenly do a top-down isometric Baldur's Gate-style game, because that's not what we do well."

Pete Hines, a used car salesman

You see that point right there? At the start?

That's when I stopped reading. Fucking assholes.

We're dealing with a world that split off from our own in the 1950s, creating a "gee-shucks" view of science and society that led to Canada being annexed and mutants and a whole bunch of other bullshit. AND THEY'RE CALLING THIS GAME ILLOGICAL AND INCONSISTENT? Face it, Bethesda was fucked by these people ever giving them the clear go ahead ever since they picked up the game. I personally think that Van Buren sounded like a big load of shit... but all in all, back to the point that this is a sequel.... yeah, to a very ol game by todays standards. Bleh, I'm not going to continue on at this point.

• Like 1

"We're not going to suddenly do a top-down isometric Baldur's Gate-style game, because that's not what we do well."

Pete Hines, a used car salesman

You see that point right there? At the start?

That's when I stopped reading. Fucking assholes.

Sooooo...basically you didn't read the review at all and suddenly go into a turmoil because they're not automatically sucking Bethesda's cock? :rolleyes:

I'll admit NMA are pretty hard on Bethesda at times, but the fact is that the review is fairly positive especially towards the end. VD praises a number of the quests for being well thought out, offering multiple paths, etc, etc. Like I said though...they could be a bit nit picky over the little things, but when you see the time and effort Bethesda go to in order to make their worlds feel alive and then you've suddenly got bottles of milk that have been laying around for two hundred years that replenish health it's a bit of a stretch. Not the end of the world obviously, but it's something to question.

Good thing you never go to the RPG Codex...you'd have an aneurysm looking at the crap they sling around.

And just out of curiosity, what about Van Buren sounded like a 'load of shit?' I thought it sounded pretty promising myself.

Jesus Christ, it's a game where you shoot big fucking space aliens in the head, ripping their body to shreds in a glorious bloody spectacle. If anyone can do this and still complain about some total non-factor, then we've failed as a race and need a Rapture to come along so we can appreciate manly, awesome fun again.

I went back and read the article, and it's ridiculous. They state that it's a good game.. of course they do, they have to because it IS a good game. The things that they point out, don't really do them any credit because it's stating things that are right there before me anyways. If you're playing the game, you're seeing this shit. My problem is with the fact that they yes, pick apart every little thing and act all snobbish about it... because to them it doesn't seem like a game they played a decade ago. And on milk? Eh, Brahmin are a source of milk don't cha know.

• Like 1