The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

I was told I'd get one after doing that task :(

I know a place you can find a Stealth Boy without finishing the mirelurk nest thing...

Go to the power station just a bit North of the little community involved in the whole Family quest line. The one on the overpass...I forget the name. Starts with an A. You'll find a place with a giant power pole crashed down through a fence. Inside that building there should be one.

How far is 'just a bit north'? I went to the top of the map and couldn't find this power station place. I did discover a place called Paradise Falls though, is it further or not as far as there? >_>

How far is 'just a bit north'? I went to the top of the map and couldn't find this power station place. I did discover a place called Paradise Falls though, is it further or not as far as there? >_>

Just in case you don't feel like looking through the map posted above...

Did I say North? I meant Southwest >_>. Check your map and look for where Arefu or whatever the fuck it's called is. Follow the road South until it splits to the right and left. Follow the road to the left on your map (should be West on your compass. The station should be at the end of that 'road'.

Word of advice for anyone looking to explore around the Northern parts of the map. Stay the fuck away from Old Olney until you're about level 10 with lots of weapons, armor, and stimpaks. Take it from me...it's not pretty.

Easy street then.

& Drifter. Colour me interested. Why?

I dunno...why don't you go look and see? Tell me how it goes. ^_^

EDIT: Actually...it's filled with cakes and cookies soooo sweet that only a fully armed character at level 10 can hope to eat them himself. Yeah...that's it.

Edited by Drifter_2000

I'm at least level 13 and hang around with Charon.

I'm also armed to the teeth.

Well then by all means my good man...go enjoy your sweets.

I actually need to get some caps together to make Charon my new friend. I need someone with guns to help me out. Dog Meat is nice and all..but if he had a machine gun grafted to his forehead he'd be a lot more helpful.

Thanks guys, I shall heed Drifter and Kaney's advice and look for that Stealth-Boy and I shall also take my shotgun to their ugly faces as Summers suggested because that sounds like fun, screw the optional task.

I ended up going there before the quest and rid the place of Mierlurks (except where the nest is). Then I took the quest, planted the monitor or whatever it was, and still got credit for not killing any of them.

I usually like to explore, but for the Mirelurk thing I was in and out. Played a lot yesterday (including that quest) and decided to start looking around the top right area cause The Republic Of Dave just sounded so awesome. (And it is!) I love how epic this game feels out there in the Wasteland. It's pretty overwhelming, but in a very good way. This is totally GOTY for me.

Yeah that's one way around it.

I didn't need the Stealthboy once I knew where the pods were. Sneaked in the back door after picking the lock, was noticed just as I planted the device and got out with only the one attack on me.

Where is the back entrance for that? I went from the main entrance going through the whole thing. And I have my lockpick at 100. Forget the "main" entrance at Rivet City. Especially with those Mierlurks & the massive amount of radiation poisoning.