The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

I just rented this for a second time (and holy crap that hasn't ever happened before) I wore the cowboy hat and the tortoise shell shades until I lernt to use power amour, But the hat and shades with the combat amour look so bad ass, My small guns are at 93 and I'm far from leveling up, So does anyone know if 100 is the cap for skills?

How do I get into the broken bow of Rivet City without having an insane Lockpick skill?

I wouldn't really call the answer a spoiler...but just in case...

I myself have insane lockpicking skill (95), so that's how i got in...but while discussing the game with a friend earlier, he told me that he swam in. Apparently there's a hole in the bottom of the boat somewhere.

I haven't tried this myself, so hopefully it works.

Yeah, there is a lockpick entrance. Which is why I'm upping my lockpick skill so I don't have to swim again. Ended up with no health items, radiation poisoning, and any caps I had left were to get off the habit & cure the radiation poisoning. Apparently there's more to do in that side of the ship that I was unaware of, so no way I'm swimming in again.

And Ruki: The door is classified as Very Hard - I think you need 100 lockpick in order to open it.

I'm going to start an EVIL character so that I don't have to follow any rules. God I'd be so much cooler that way.

I never bothered with Jericho. Charon is fantastic, he can take out a super mutant with two shots from a shotgun all the way across the room. Fuck Dogmeat as well >_>

I never bothered with Jericho. Charon is fantastic, he can take out a super mutant with two shots from a shotgun all the way across the room. Fuck Dogmeat as well >_>

I think I've completely botched any chance I had of getting Charon on my team. :(

Edited by CasuaLL Cade

Dogmeat is only fine for the nostalgic factor but otherwise he is completely and utterly useless at everything. EVERYTHING!

Yeah, exactly. I just leave him in Megaton now, he only ever got in the way. I ended up spending more time fighting enemies so they wouldn't kill him, rather than fighting them because I had to.

...there was a lock picking enterance? I swam :(

Unless you pump all your leveling up points into lockpicking, I don't think you can get it to 100 in time, I swam and fuck those armored crab like things that only die if you shoot them in the face.

I think I've completely botched any chance I had of getting Charon on my team. :(

Who is Charon? And where can I get him?

I assume they really die. Like anyone else in the game does. Nathan, from Megaton has died behin the bomb. I assume he fell off the walkway.

I killed one of the traders, his guard, and after I came back his pack cow Behrain was still limping about.

Charon is a ghoul working for a bartender in Underworld. You can either pay 2000 caps for him or...find another way to gain his services.

Also, the best line ever written, read or spoken. Ever:

"I'm tired of flapping my gums at you, clownshoe. I think I'll flap my balls at Cherrys ass instead!"

I was walking along and saw a trader with his guard walking by, but ignored them and did all I needed to do in the location I wanted to (was very quick.) As I was walking back I see that the guard is fighting off some scorpions and ends up dying. I killed the scorpions and after a little while the trader pops up from behind me just walking normally like nothing happened. However, the guard was definitely dead. I'd imagine that if it was the other way it would have been the same.

Then there are characters in this game that can't die, but just go unconscious. They tend to either be children or characters that are important to the storyline later on.