The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

I'm renting a few times before buying (Fucking COD5 and Gears 2 coming out this month) and I've only just got into the first town and I've gotta say.

I'm a little pissed that Amata didn't come with you out of the vault, All though childhood it's been hinted she had a thing for you and after you get out of the vault...Nothing and that's after I didn't kill her dad, I knocked out the 3 guys who were probably going to rape her later (Going on what the dialog suggested) at the least you think she would come with you, That would have been a good way to add another branch to the supposed 500 endings, So that kinda made me go ugh, Other than that VATS is cool, I'm going to go play it some more, But for a branching storyline type game like this, I really wish Amata could go with you out of the vault, Only thing I've found wrong with the game so far.
Edited by Trainer Slogger

I'm renting a few times before buying (Fucking COD4 and Gears 2 coming out this month) and I've only just got into the first town and I've gotta say.

I'm a little pissed that Amata didn't come with you out of the vault, All though childhood it's been hinted she had a thing for you and after you get out of the vault...Nothing and that's after I didn't kill her dad, I knocked out the 3 guys who were probably going to rape her later (Going on what the dialog suggested) at the least you think she would come with you, That would have been a good way to add another branch to the supposed 500 endings, So that kinda made me go ugh, Other than that VATS is cool, I'm going to go play it some more, But for a branching storyline type game like this, I really wish Amata could go with you out of the vault, Only thing I've found wrong with the game so far.

Agreed. I had a feeling she'd probably stay, but she she said she'd meet me at the exit I was thinking maybe she'd come with, but then she stays. It was a twist that kinda annoyed me a bit. Personally the idea of two vault escapee's in the big scary world sounds very interesting and throws up a lot of possibilities for stories. My one gripe that I've found.

I'm renting a few times before buying (Fucking COD4 and Gears 2 coming out this month) and I've only just got into the first town and I've gotta say.

Agreed. I had a feeling she'd probably stay, but she she said she'd meet me at the exit I was thinking maybe she'd come with, but then she stays. It was a twist that kinda annoyed me a bit. Personally the idea of two vault escapee's in the big scary world sounds very interesting and throws up a lot of possibilities for stories. My one gripe that I've found.

I didn't think of that, But now that I do, Your even more right than I am..

I chased off the guy who wanted me to destroy Megaton. Saved the city and the sheriff. I am trying to play through as a good character.

Also, get the Rock-It Launcher. Using it allows you to save ammo as you go, so you then have ammo for the important situations. Plus, you get some satisfaction killing someone by hitting them in the face with a book.
Edited by Toe

The sheer scale of this game is absolutely amazing. And the draw distance...Holy Shit. I headed north on my game and most of my friends headed south, and we ended up having absolutely and totally differant game experiances. It is truly a massive game, which its flaws are completely overshadowed by this fact. I have had my game freeze at pretty harsh points though.

I didn't think of that, But now that I do, Your even more right than I am..

Honestly, I think it's pretty much a lock that she'll show up later on. I really don't see it ending that plotline where she clearly has a thing for you, with you exiting the vault, never to see here again. I'd go so far as to say I guarantee she'll show up later.

Fair enough, Though the amount of ways they could have used her straight off the bat, Kinda like a more useful version of the dog that follows you around (Which I admit Fable did better) Her leveling up with you and having the option to choose how she assists you and such (Shooting at them along side you or giving cover/distraction fire) as well as giving the option of setting her armor and gun too, Little stuff like that with TWO ex-vault dwellers out in the wasteland with them getting closer or further apart as the story goes along, Depending on your choices and if anyone from Bethesda is reading this... GET OFF YOUR ASS AND MAKE THAT HAPPEN!

Yeah fighting is hard enough without having to pull out a weapon when they've aleady shoved theirs down your throat.

But you know who the bad characters are. They're the ones with the red markers on them. So pull out a gun while approaching these things, put it away when approaching the 'good' people.

I don't want some Vault princess bitch in battles with me. For all I care, she can stay in the Vault.
Thats why (If my master plan is put into action) you could choose to leave her in the Vault.

I love the Rock-It Launcher. It is simply marvelous!

Also, I love killing Fire Ants, with the Rock-It Launcher, while "Maybe" or whatever the song is called over the radio. God this game is so awesome.

Edited by SRN

Wow, I find this to be much better than Fable though I wasn't too fond of Oblivion. Trying to be good, but currently at neutral (despite leaving the vault as peacefully as possible) and saving Megaton. I will definitely do another playthrough and go the evil route. I have the save from the vault entrance (I'm assuming it auto saves there unlike Oblivion). If I use that save, and go the evil route, will that overwrite my current game (I'd hate it if that happened).

Edited by CQI13