The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

I'm loving this game, enjoying it a lot more than Oblivion but...

...the sodding Super-Duper Mart quest is just a bitch. I killed the two Raiders outside the place and can kill the first Raider inside, but then it all goes to shit. I might as well have walked in there with a big sign saying "Please shoot me thank you". That is just...hard. I think I'll leave that until I learn how to shoot. Or get a decent gun. And some decent armour.

Quest?

There is a quest involved? I stumbled across the place, and man, it was a bitch. A lot of creeping about, picking off person by person. Also, if you go in the right door to enter, there is a decent gun on the side, which was better than what I had at the time, IIRC.

It's a quest yeah. When you're in Megaton if you go to one of th stores (can't remember which one, up the stairs on the right I think) and speak to Moira(?) and she'll ask you to check it out and find some medicine and/or food and bring it back to her because she's putting together some book. I said yes because I'm such a nice guy but I keep getting raped in there.

...the sodding Super-Duper Mart quest is just a bitch. I killed the two Raiders outside the place and can kill the first Raider inside, but then it all goes to shit. I might as well have walked in there with a big sign saying "Please shoot me thank you". That is just...hard. I think I'll leave that until I learn how to shoot. Or get a decent gun. And some decent armour.

Quest?

There is a quest involved? I stumbled across the place, and man, it was a bitch. A lot of creeping about, picking off person by person. Also, if you go in the right door to enter, there is a decent gun on the side, which was better than what I had at the time, IIRC.

It's a quest yeah. When you're in Megaton if you go to one of th stores (can't remember which one, up the stairs on the right I think) and speak to Moira(?) and she'll ask you to check it out and find some medicine and/or food and bring it back to her because she's putting together some book. I said yes because I'm such a nice guy but I keep getting raped in there.

I can't even remember how I came across the place then....must have been on the way to another quest. Didn't really end up with many from Megaton, as I blew it up kinda early on >_>

I know how to get in. I'm just fucking around and exploring. That's all I've really been doing. And I don't know about percentage complete, I was just guessing. :P

It took me a while to actually work out how to get in, cos I'm an idiot. Was thinking about swimming >_>

Fire Ants can fuck off, yeah. The range of the soldiers is annoying and they tend to blur your vision when you get set on fucking fire. Revenge was so good though. Another niggle is weapons degrading, I had a combat shotgun fall apart in my fight with the Fire Ant Queen and had to resort to luring her onto mines <_<

Quest?

I can't even remember how I came across the place then....must have been on the way to another quest. Didn't really end up with many from Megaton, as I blew it up kinda early on >_>

If you can manage to sneak through to the back of the store, maybe pick a few of them off, you can find a store room with an easily hacked computer. Doing so allows you to use the robot security guard to incinerate the remaining raiders. It's in the same room as the medicine for Moiras quest, but I can't remember if you need a key/lockpicked to get into the room or not.

Quest?

I didn't find it that hard. Admittedly they're were a few hunters around fighting the raiders for me. That helped a lot. That and my insistence in not bothering to find the medicine and stumbling across a fridge totally by accident.

Did a little boy ask you to find his family there? I said yes and then fucked off back to Moira and the safety of Megaton. Poor kid. :(

Super-Duper Mart quest spoilers.

My first time with this quest, all I did was sneak to a fridge, take the food, and leave. I never came close to any Raiders. During my second time, my Speech skill was high enough, so I lied about going there. It worked, I got the reward without taking any risk. I successfully lied my way through 5 out of the 9 quests you do for the Survival Wasteland Guide.

Is there anyway to stop people from trying to kill you? I was wondering around near the powerstation and saw a guy there and all of a sudden he just started shooting at me. He had a name, not just the generic "Raider" or something so I assume he'd have been someone usefull, but I had to kill him.

I have a house! Yay! I disarmed the bomb in Megaton and the son of the sheriff (who incidentally I got killed by Mr. Burke) said his dad would've wanted me to have the abandoned house. Yay. Oh, and there's a robot inside who for some reason reminds me of John Cleese in the Bond films.