The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

Tenpenny Tower quest

I tried to do it all nice like, I convinced everyone that the ghouls should be allowed there, but alas, I think I missed something. So I said fuck it and I let the ghouls in to fuck shit up....I fell into the evil side of things....so I donated 400 caps to a church to get me back to neutral. Yay! Also, while I have neutral karma, +30 to speech!

I don't know if you encounter the Behemoth at random points or if it's scripted, but I fought it with the Brotherhood of Steel. And the funny thing is that I missed with the Fat Man, but still managed to kill him.

I found one in a cage in the middle of a raiders trainyard. Fucking Dogmeat ran towards it and opened the cage automatically, and almost instantly died. I got revenge by blowing him up with a couple of bottlecap mines but I didn't have anything more useful at hand. I did have a couple of mini nukes, but no way to use them, unfortunately.

And then I reloaded from an earlier save and avoided him. Poor Dogmeat :(

Theres a scrapyard a good way directly north of the Super Duper Mart, a little east of the Meresti Trainyard/Arefu, South of the Minefield and West of Canterbury Commons. Wander around inside and you'll come across him fighting some raiders eventually.

Theres a scrapyard a good way directly north of the Super Duper Mart, a little east of the Meresti Trainyard/Arefu, South of the Minefield and West of Canterbury Commons. Wander around inside and you'll come across him fighting some raiders eventually.

Ahh, I only have two of those places on my map, seemingly. I seemed to head towards DC almost straight away, rather than just exploring the surrounding area.

Cheers.

To avoid giving away any kind of spoilers I'm going to put this entire post in spoiler tags, as it WILL contain quest information and the like. Also it's a bit long and a bit rambly...detailing pretty much my entire experience thus far (I'm not super far into the game...just reached the second part of the main quest).

Ok, so I decided to play a complete psycho character...at first I was gonna be just generally evil (which I'm very evil, early in the game) but somewhere along the way I realized that I like occasionally doing quests the good way. So basically I'm the guy who might help you or totally slaughter you. I went to Megaton, was nice to the sheriff, but decided for some reason to kill the town doctor and one of the sleeping wounded. Then I tried to get information from Moriarity...he wanted 100 caps...then 300 caps. I got pissed. After hacking his computer terminal (you can either hack it, or lockpick the locker and get his password or steal his password from him.), I decided that even though I got the information I was still mad. So I waited until night time, picked the door to his room, and bashed his head in with a sledgehammer. It was quite awesome actually. I've stolen everything that's not nailed down, and killed pretty much anyone I find alone and vulnerable who isn't useful.

I was able to recruit Jericho very early on in the game (though it took me a while to save up the 1000 bottlecaps he requires. For anyone who is evil, I highly recommend recruiting him. He's not -that- helpful in combat, but you can give him stuff to carry, making it easy to take a shitload of loot back to sell without being overencumbered. I disarmed the bomb too...mostly because I preferred to get my reward right away and didn't want to blow up Megaton before all the quests were done. I had a hell of a time finding the "Family" for Blood Ties...I'm 1/3 of the way through the last chapter of the survival guide for the chick at craterside supply (with the annoying voice) and I just made it to the radio station in the main quest and spoke with the guy who you need to talk to.

Oh, and I just got Dogmeat. It's awesome having Dogmeat and Jericho...it's like having a party of three in the type of game where you're normally alone. I dunno why Jericho is able to wear the Brotherhood of Steel armor though and I'm not :(

While I want to be evil, I often end up doing good just because I can't bring myself to be evil 100% of the time. I'm more down for the rewards than the karma changes. Luckily I steal and murder a lot so I stay evil pretty much no matter how much good I do.

Oh, also...awesome moment..if you're evil (I think just if you're evil, but who knows)...eventually bounty hunters will come after you...apparently hired by the good people of the Waste...I got them when I was level 6 or 7...when I had the title of Pirate of the Waste.

Interestingly though, I started a female character just to see if any dialog changes (and it does..slightly) but ended up taking the Black Widow perk. It opens up what may be an entirely new result with the Mr. Burke/Blowing up Megaton quest.

Also when playing my female character I found out that I missed that you can kill the Overseer whilst escaping, the first time. It would have made a nice little moment for my psychopath.

I rented this. While I almost dismissed it at first as Oblivion (which I was disappointed in) in a different setting...I'm glad I didn't. The game has grown on me so much since then. It's not perfect, there's some graphical anomalies (like wavy looking spider thingies in the air randomly at times) but there's a whole bunch of little touches in the game that just make you go "Wow...that's awesome".

I imagine there's so many different choices you can make that this would be the kind of game with enough replay value for me to buy.

so, i ended up doing it the way Kaney said. Was there an easier way to approach the Family rather than just kill all of them? because i spent 30 minutes and 3 or 4 deaths trying to do that and eventually had success.

so, i ended up doing it the way Kaney said. Was there an easier way to approach the Family rather than just kill all of them? because i spent 30 minutes and 3 or 4 deaths trying to do that and eventually had success.

Well, there's the option of not killing any of them like I did.