The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

Girlfriend was following Doc Hoff (the trader) around, just so she could adventure and see new places. They took out some Raiders, some bugs, couple of bots, the usual. Then a Robobrain showed up, blew up a car which killed the Doc, then it killed the guard. So she killed the bot, raided the trader, the stock and the guard.

Made me think why this game is awesome, that would have happened even without her there. All these people you meet and see in Fallout (aside from the aforementioned important people) could die at any time. A trader killed on his route somewhere, and you'd never know. Love it.

That is one gripe I have with Fallout 3. You cant kill any major NPC's, you can only shoot them into unconsciousness.

No... it's a good idea, because you could TOTALLY fuck up a game without knowing it by having something you're not even involved in kill a major NPC.

I understand that, but it still annoyed me I could not kill dad. <_<

Hey, at least you can kill the Overseer at the start. I never would've thought that possible the way that Oblivion was.

But all in all, since I started playing a second "evil" game last night, I found it to actually draw a clear line between good and bad. In my good game I am struggling to get resources together, scaveging and raiding bad guys here and there to make my equipment better since I don't really have the caps to pay for repairs and shit. With my evil game, I have 900 caps through stealing from safes and houses just by being an asshole thief\computer hacker which helped me to buy equipment to make up for my lack of other skills. Just awesome.

Oh and the best thing that happened? First time I played, came across Raiders in an old subway tunnel... walked into it and died the first time on a mine. Was more careful this time, but someone saw me and ran towards me... and suddely I heard a snap and a boom and then his head flew off. I investigated and found that the guy hit a tripwire of his own and blew his head off with a rigged shotgun.

Edited by Apshamsis

Apsham, I feel the same way. Haven't yet started my evil game, but stealing shit seems like an easy way to get caps. But by being truly evil, don't you cut out some sidequests (like helping the kid in "THOSE"...or do you do them and then do a truly dick thing at the end to negate your positive karma?)

I've been playing as a good guy and found it hard early on but now I'm over 3000 caps, with about 40 stimpacks at level 17 and have about six different unique weapons. I rock.

Actually staying evil doesn't necessarily require you to do the quests the evil way everytime. Because you lose so much karma from stealing shit and killing people (I'm a bit of a klepto in the game...I didn't realize you could tell the value of everything before stealing when I first started so I grabbed everything in the vault figuring that people outside would need these things) that it more than makes up for doing things the good way.

I imagine though that some quests give you more karma than others...I did a certain quest the good way (not sure which one...but I remember checking my karma afterwards) that raised me from Very evil to just Evil....which was upsetting...but in no time at all I was back to very evil.

Had a horrible moment playing this eariler. Finally got to Rivet City and was wandering around then decided to lockpick a door, thinking there was no-one around. Unfortunately there was and she saw me, and so everyone on the ship decided to try and kill me. Without thinking I went into another area, thus overwriting the autosave and it was then I realised I hadn't saved for about 2 hours. I could've plotzed.

So I just power-fisted everyone into Oblivion (pun intended) then turned it off in anger. I'm worried I won't pick it back up for ages now.

Yeah, had that experience picking the lock into the armory in Megaton. Didn't steal anything, simply let myself in and then left. EVERYONE in Megaton started shooting at me. I just ran away, did some free form quests, and when I returned a few days later (game time) I was even greeted with some supplies.

Is there any point to being in the Capitol Building? I'm currently fighting my way into the conference room, and I want to know if there is a point. If not, then I'll just turn around and go to the Republic of Dave :shifty: