Channel 4 in live advert attempt

GA!

Channel 4 is to carry an ambitious live television advert during an episode of Come Dine With Me later.

A team of will have just three minutes and 20 seconds to spell out a message to viewers in a series of formations over Madrid.

The team of expert skydivers includes European champion Phil Curtis with four world and nine national champions.

The advert, for Honda, will be screened at 2010BST - with a taped back-up in place if bad weather prevents the jump.

The advert, inspired by Honda's strapline "If it's difficult it's worth doing" is a precursor to the car manufacturer's new advertising campaign, beginning in June.

"This concept breaks the boundaries of the perceived confines of TV advertising, which is something Channel 4 is striving to do," said Andy Barnes, sales director of Channel 4.

- BBC News.

That was pretty cool, wish I'd remembered to catch it live though.

And on the subject of Halifax Howard, anyone else notice that in the latest ad, they've edited it, so he no longer says the line "...or my name ain't Brown." Was there some kind of stupid racial PC complaint made?

That was pretty cool, wish I'd remembered to catch it live though.

And on the subject of Halifax Howard, anyone else notice that in the latest ad, they've edited it, so he no longer says the line "...or my name ain't Brown." Was there some kind of stupid racial PC complaint made?

I did indeed notice that. Maybe name sounded too much like face...

That was awesome. But then again, it was a Honda advert. The two are rapidly becoming synonymous.

Pretty much.

I was half awake when it was mentioned on the radio, so I kinda forgot about it. Luckily, I watch Come Dine With Me >_>