Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Not really that familiar with this sort of stuff so I'll just copy what it says on the control panel:

- Intel® Core2 Quad CPU

- Q6600@2.40 GHz

- Memory: 4.00GB

- 32-Bit Operating System

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but thanks for the link, I'll have a look through and see if any of them apply. :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My brother bought this the other day and it runs fine in terms of processing speed and all that, but seems to crash and cut out after every other game. I'm assuming it's Vista because it's a brand new computer, but he's had no joy finding a solution for it. Any ideas?

Mine used to do that, but once I started running it in windowed mode I havn't had another problem

This might be an old bug or nothing major long-term but whenver I go to Barcelona's team information the game doesn't show the kits and just freezes up. Anyway to solve this or will switching to windowed sort this as well?

Brought the game a few days ago started a season with Spurs.

Brought in Hunteelar, Pandev and Veloso sold Jenas, Benoit whatever he called and someone else i can't remember.

1st game play Everton and i'm behind 1-0 decide motivational speech time, switch Roman from target man to just out and out striker with Huntelaar and then the dutch man very happy with him gets 2 goals come back to win 2-1 :D

2nd game West Ham and it was just disapointment battered them missed sitters and finally scored only for scumbag Lee Bowyer to get one back later on and finish 1-1.

Lost Veloso to injury after the 20 minutes into the Everton wasn't good either so decent start

I started a game with Arsenal (as I usually do) stripped Gallas of the captaincy and bought Lassana Diarra for £13.75m and he is godly. However after getting to about October/November-ish I got a bit bored and remembered I was going to play as a League One team. So I started a game with Leicester City.

I've spent my transfer budget on David Prutton (£150k from Leeds) and Ishmael Demontagnac from Walsall for £130k and a few other bargains and loanees. My biggest signing is the free transfer of Ugur Yildirim and while he hasn't been firing on all cylinders so far he's bound to start soon. I almost signed Kiki Musampa but decided on Yildirim instead.

I started a game with Arsenal (as I usually do) stripped Gallas of the captaincy and bought Lassana Diarra for £13.75m and he is godly. However after getting to about October/November-ish I got a bit bored and remembered I was going to play as a League One team. So I started a game with Leicester City.

I've spent my transfer budget on David Prutton (£150k from Leeds) and Ishmael Demontagnac from Walsall for £130k and a few other bargains and loanees. My biggest signing is the free transfer of Ugur Yildirim and while he hasn't been firing on all cylinders so far he's bound to start soon. I almost signed Kiki Musampa but decided on Yildirim instead.

JESUS! JESUS!

He's awesome on the game too (so long as you play him in CM), so good signing.

Oh and seriously. I keep drawing the same fucking teams in cups. Just started my second season and already it's my third cup tie against Bradford and I've had someone else twice too (Tranmere?). Annoying as fuck.

Edited by - Matt -

What's that? Another last minute goal to knock me out of a tournament? This fucking game <_<

Just lost in the UEFA Cup Semi final on away goals to Everton as Yakubu scores a late goal to win it for them :@

And despite the fact I was knocking off really good opponents to reach the semi, at the same time I'm on a winless streak of 11 games in the league. Bloody hell.

Edited by Zaz

I'm having to hold out till the end of the transfer window, as everyone wants a slice of Hughes and Hangeland. I've had offers of £5mil and over £8mil respectively, but that'd be my defence gone in one fell swoop, which I just can't allow to happen. Plus, I like Hangeland >_>

Well it's been the end of August here is where i am in the table with Spurs

7th: Spurs-------3 played, 7 Pts

I'm joint top with Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Newcastle and West Brom so yeah it's only early days so table doesn't really matter but strong start so far.

Results:

Won 2-1 against Everton (Home) ((Came from 1-0 down at Half Time, Huntelaar twice))

Drew 1-1 with West Ham (Home)

Won 2-1 against Sunderland (Away) ((Was winning 1-0 until 89th minute when got complacent and they scored only for Huntelaar to score 94th minute kinda lucky to get 3 pts))

I've been tweaking around with my tactics for different situations and i think i've found the right formation for my Spurs team and going to test it out against Aston Villa.

Got Motherwell in 1st round of Uefa Cup and i've got Watford in the Carling Cup 3rd Round

I actually suck at this game.

First season with Cowdenbeath and the board expect promotion... i finish 9th out of 10!

played 36, won 7, drawn 18, lost 11.

Somehow the board still gave me a 3 year contract and things look... terrible.

Second season...

Played 17, Won 3, Drawn 5, Lost 9.

That record leaves me bottom :( God i suck!

I've fallen apart, but should still have enough to stop myself getting relegated, which is all that was hoped from me. An FA Cup Semi Final appearance probably helps also.

Doyle's transfer, and subsequent form, has been termed an 'abberation' though, so meh.

Finished 6th in my first season with Newcastle, pretty pleased considering I was forced to sell Owen before the season started and Martins in January. Mike Ashley, who has been whoring the club around all season, accepted Spurs' £10m bid for sicknote Michael a couple of days before the window closed, so I didn't have time to bring in a replacement.

Martins' goals kept us near the top half until Jan when Man City triggered his £13m release clause, I offered him a massive contract but he went to City instead. Managed to sign Vagner Love for £8.5m as a replacement, although a frontline of Love, Xisco and Shola Ameobi isn't exactly full of goals. Love finished the season with 12 goals, although luckily Jonas and N'Zogbia stepped in with a fair few at vital times. Generally we'd only win by the odd goal and drew a lot of games we should've won.

No money for next season, despite selling Ameobi, Alan Smith and Danny Guthrie for around £10m. Ashley is in talks with a consortium (his third this season) to take over, although I fully expect that saga to linger on until the transfer window has passed.

Fuck Mike Ashley.

Started with Luton. I've played about 16 games or so and I've just got out of the relegation zone. I'm unbeaten so far largely thanks to signing Robbie Fowler on a free from Blackburn. My current form would see me top if it weren't for the 30 points off.

I sold Sam Parkin for 375k, which gave me a transfer budget of about 130k. I also sold Keith Keane for a couple of hundred thousand, so my transfer budet went up to

I signed an old Brazilian left winger called Junior for 12k. I signed a Finnish striker anda French keeper, both from Hearts, both on frees. I managed to get Henri Lansbury on loan from Arsenal for the year too.

In January I really need a defender or two, especially for the left, and perhaps a midfielder or two.

The player ratings seem to be entirely random. ¬_¬

Whenever I'm watching the 2D and think "X has been pretty good so far", he's rated 4.3 or something at half time. And players that constantly give the ball away and are rated in the 6's. I've never even seen an 8 (on my team, anyway).

The whole game feels too random. Nothing I do seems to make any difference.

And I'm sick and fucking tired of seeing players with 10 or 12 for pace run through my back line as if it was made up of four Jan Molbys.

Edited by Farmer Reil

October Update:

Beat Aston Villa 1-0 away with another Goran Pandev goal

Beat Motherwell 2-0 at home again Pandev and Huntelaar (Should of been more) so comfortable going into the return leg

Beat Bolton 3-1 at home with Pandev scoring twice and Huntelaar

Beat Watford away 4-2 in the Carling Cup 3rd Round with a relatively strong but weakened team (Rested players) Bent 2, Dos Santos and a DeMerit OG

Lost to Blackburn 4-3 away...Bent and Pandev with 2 more goals.

One of those games that were frustrating due to a complete defensive meltdown 2nd half it messed me up with me being 2-1 infront (After being a goal down) at half time only for me to fall 4-2 down in the 2nd half.

Table looks like this: (After 6 games)

1st: Arsenal 16 Pts

2nd: Man.Utd 16 Pts

3rd: Newcastle 14pts

4th: Spurs (me) 14pts

5th: Blackburn 13pts

Chelsea dropped points to Hull and Pompey in 0-0 draws and lost to Liverpool and are tied for 6th with Man.City and Liverpool. Atleast i can boast i have the top goalscorer in the Prem in Goran Pandev and tied 3rd goalscorer in Huntelaar. Other news Newcastle have been taken over by Derek Llambias so no more Mike Ashley