Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

I remember Mikkelsen when he played at Partick Thistle a few years back. He was awful.

Rekdal is excellent. I've signed him quite a few times because he's pretty cheap yet quality. I remember the CPU Viking manager would often ask upwards of £10,000,000 for Tihinen so the occasions I signed him were far fewer. Oh and it's quite funny seeing all those Nordic names with Ben Wright at the end.

I still hate Viking for knocking us out the UEFA Cup in 01/02 though. >_>

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bwahaha. In the 01/02 season, United managed to own everyone in the League, winning by about 30 points in the end. Newcastle, having failed at the start of the season to basically...win...managed to get 2nd place after Villa fucked it up with two games to go, having been second since December. Halfway through the season I was appointed the Spain manager, and get to 3rd Place in the World Cup, having been knocked out in the semis by France. Beat Italy in the 3rd/4th place match, and France proceeded to win 2-1 over the runners up: Denmark.

Yeah. That was an odd one. Although the epic Nigeria-Scotland final 16 match was something to be seen...

That's good, but my story of how Ireland beat the Ivory Coast to win the World Cup is even more improbable and awesome because it involves Ireland.

I remember Mikkelsen when he played at Partick Thistle a few years back. He was awful.

Rekdal is excellent. I've signed him quite a few times because he's pretty cheap yet quality. I remember the CPU Viking manager would often ask upwards of £10,000,000 for Tihinen so the occasions I signed him were far fewer. Oh and it's quite funny seeing all those Nordic names with Ben Wright at the end.

I still hate Viking for knocking us out the UEFA Cup in 01/02 though. >_>

If it helps, I only beat you 1-0 at home when I did it. :P

And yeah, what makes it worse is he used to play for Bristol City. :@ I can at least take some comfort from the fact that City were dumb enough to sell him (or the Viking stat man went overboard).

Tommy Oren went to Pompey for £1.7m in the first season and they want £5mil for him now (they're top of Division One and he's their top scorer and one of the bolded players with a star next to him in their squad list ¬_¬). So... too late on that front. :( It's a bit sad when the defending two-time UEFA Cup champions, Super Cup winners, World Club Championship Runners Up and two-time Champions of Norway can't afford a player from English Division One.

Peter Schmeicel just signed a contract extension as a player-coach, but he's a bit of a naff coach. :(

Edited by Farmer Reil

Having started in the first round of qualifying Viking (and i'm only making this post for Reillys sake) made it to the group stages of the champions league, drew with Inter Milan, Villareal and Ajax you'd think they were royally fucked.

And they were.

After 5 games they had lost 5, scored not a solitary goal and conceded 19. Cue last game with Ajax, neither team could qualify but Vikings pride was on the line. Could they salvage a result?

Well, no.

But they did score, lost 2-1 so not all doom and gloom in their Champions League appearance. Go Norway!

Halfway through my 2nd season in the Championship with Wycombe. Doing a lot better than in my first season. I've got a pretty decent squad, some pretty high profile names in there, Wilfred Bouma, Claudio Pizarro, Federico Macheda, Federico di Santo, Jack Hobbs. I offered a contract to David Beckham, but he refused to sign. I could've used the boost from T-shirt sales. Also, my chairman sold David Edgar for 3M, which is awesome because I had rejected a bid of 1M earlier, holding out for more.

So, in the championship as Stevenage. With the worst squad thats ever been there. I am going to get dicked on. Harshly.

Reminds me of Kidiminster or however its spelt getting into the Premier League in an old 03/04 game. They got destroyed. I stole Jan Molby from them too before the league began to be my #2 at Liverpool. I think they conceded over 100 goals and never won a match.

So my season with Wycombe is going from good to better. I changed my tactics seeings as I can't overpower my opposition any more, not like I could in League 2 or League 1. 13th place coming into February and we were expected to end up in 22nd again. We struggled at the beginning but Pizarro and Di Santo have really started to find the net, but I find that my defense usually gives up a goal a game, so I'll definitely have to rectify that during the summer break.

Started a diary in the cube (link in the sig). Since I have 4 seasons already played and working on a 5th, I have a lot of material to write which is good. I hope some of you read it and enjoy it.[/shameless plug]

Have a fun game going on at the moment as Braintree Town. I'm currently in July 2011 and about to start the League One season, having won three straight promotions since the start of the game. First two seasons I pissed the league, and then in my debut season in the Football League I finished 7th, after a seven game winning streak saw me flirt briefly with automatic promotion, but a couple of injuries and a smallish squad meant I ended the season badly and ended up just hanging on to the last play-off spot. Beat Luton 2-1 at home and drew 1-1 away to get to the final, where I managed to beat Hartlepool 1-0.

I've given the squad a complete revamp over the summer, as I struggled to score last season and my defence was quite leaky, so I've been active in the free transfer market. I keep getting shitty budgets, so at the beginning of my 4th season in charge, I'm still yet to spend a single penny on transfers, but I'm always well over my wage budget because I'd never get any decent players otherwise <_<

It's just nice to be able to have a squad full of players I've heard of. And I'm hoping my geriatric new strikeforce of Neil Harris and Robbie Blake can win me a fourth promotion on the bounce, but I doubt it.

Just won 6 trophies in 1 season at Inter, in my fifth season. Been rebuilding the squad slowly after a bad 2nd and 3rd season. Only found out after I clinched the Champions League against AC that I had actually won every competition I was in. Dunno what I should do now though, stay on with Inter, to keep the squad together, or move on to build another team up.

I have decided to stay, and try to first, make a team where everyone is HG in Italy, then all HG from Inter. Not gonna let anyone make a first team debut from now on, unless they count as homegrown. Might extend that to making an all Italian team later on. Just to keep things interesting.

I have a journeyman game, but think I need a little something else to keep me going.

I was going to do a diary but can't be bothered with the hassle.

So some people suggest me some good ideas for games and maybe give me little rules/goals to try and implement. No international management off the bat (I may take a job through at some point.)

Just gimme a team (or selection), some nations I should load and give me a task. Give a few if you like, and I'll see what I like and give it a go :)

Andrey Arshavin:

General Happiness: Is pleased following his manager Tim Stoker's recognition of his recent form and hopes to play even better in the near future.

Slight Concerns: Feels the manager doesn't appreciate his contribution to the team.

:angry:

Had Real Madrid in the Champions League quarters, win 2-1 at home in the first and it's 1-2 in the away leg so it goes to injury time. Falcao scores in the first 15 so I bring on an extra defender and go ultra-defensive. They then score two goals in the second half of injury time to see me knocked out.

Heartbroken :(