Star Trek: The Movie

fourstarfizzle

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bit about the Romulan villain (Nero?) bothers me. They're not supposed to know what a Romulan looks like until years later! :@

Unless no one sees him for the whole film, but that would surely be ridiculous.

Edited by stokeriño

I like it. It doesn't feel particularly "Star Trek-y" but I guess that's part of the point. I'm really looking forward to it. Although please tell me the Kirk-as-a-child bit will be a maximum of five minutes.

The bit about the Romulan villain (Nero?) bothers me. They're not supposed to know what a Romulan looks like until years later! :@

Ahem...

Since Chekov is in this one, Stoke, I think it's fair to assume that this takes place after Balance of Terror....

On a 2nd viewing, why when I see the bridge and inside of the ship do I think 'Lost In Space movie'? :|

And also, whats with the ripping off the metrocops from Half Life 2?!

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Ahem...

Since Chekov is in this one, Stoke, I think it's fair to assume that this takes place after Balance of Terror....

No, because it's at the Academy when Kirk meets Spock for the first time. It really, really isn't set in the second season of TOS or after, which is when Chekov was around. >_>

I was willing to let Chekov go, because conceivably he could have been around at the Academy and just not posted on the Enterprise until later. But then, of course, he really ought to be a lot younger than he seems to be in this film...

Edited by stokeriño