NFL 2009

livid

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3940451

Now it sounds like the Titans might actually get their thumbs out of their asses and keep somebody, namely Mr. Collins. Probably a good move, since their other options would be overpaying Chris Simms or putting Vince "Two Bad Games Away From Blowing His Brains Out on the Field Like That Guy From Last Boy Scout" Young back in the huddle. But, bad for my hopes of watching all these Tennessee goofs around me cry about how their Super Bowl window slammed shut again.

I still don't get the Browns trade. Why trade away Quinn's favorite target? I know Winslow is an ass, and he's hurt all the time, but RLY?

Because in the end, he was hurting the team and losing him doesn't hurt them that much. They still have Edwards (who will bounce back) and if Stallworth can stay healthy with Jurvicious, they have plenty of people for him to throw to. Plus, if I were Winslow I'd want out of that place too; he's had just too many problems there.

And in other news, Brian Dawkins is now a Denver Bronco.

And apparently after Canty visits the Redskins, Seahawks and Titans, he will be visiting the 49ers. Interesting as we're not really in dire need of another 3-4 DE but he's talented so why not?

Dawkins as a Bronco? Aw, Hell Yeah, my friends. We get the defense to stop the opposing offenses every so often, we have ourselves a Super Bowl caliber team.

EDIT: Ok, so I see us signing Buckhalter, but I've not seen confirmation of us signing Dawkins, yet.

Edited by Meacon Batista

Denver picks up three good players in Dawnkins, Buckhalter, and J.J Arrington.

Derrick Dockery signs with Washington.

So Philly loses Dawkins and now they lose Consadine as well. He signs with Jacsonville.

New York and Philadelphia are completing a trade that will send cornerback Lito Sheppard to the Jets while the Eagles will receive a 2009 fifth-round pick and a 2010 conditional draft pick.

The pick could be as high as a second-round choice in 2010 and as a low as a fourth. But the Eagles will get two picks and the Jets get Sheppard, who will be in New York Saturday for a physical.

Dawkins as a Bronco? Aw, Hell Yeah, my friends. We get the defense to stop the opposing offenses every so often, we have ourselves a Super Bowl caliber team.

EDIT: Ok, so I see us signing Buckhalter, but I've not seen confirmation of us signing Dawkins, yet.

Dawkins wants Eagles to match the offer. If they don't, Dawkins goes to Denver. Don't know what happened after all of that though.

But what I'm really confused about is how Redskins have all of this money. By my calculations, they should be 17 million dollars over the cap right now. Does the cap not apply to them or something? Signed DeAngelo Hall, Dockery, Haynesworth, and haven't even released anybody yet .....

Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, good news for Redskins fans. The Haynesworth deal is actually four years, 48 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3940991

Alot of it is signing bonus, thats how Snyder always has massive contracts and remains under cap.

Also, a team can go over as long as they are under the cap when the season comes around, right?

Noooooooo! The Bills signed Ryan Fitzpatrick to back up Trent Edwards. That means...no more JP Losman!

Edited by Toe

My father happens to be a Redskins fan, and he's happy about them picking up Haynesworth. Don't know why, because we both like the Titans and I see them reaching the Super Bowl before the Redskins, if Snyder doesn't get some sense.

Regarding the comparisons of Jones and Snyder, I think one big difference is that Snyder has done some idiotic things as the owner. Signing Steve Spurrier to be their head coach was a risky move, but lettting Spurrier turn the team into the Washington Gatorskins was a bad idea. However, Jones signing troubled and overblown ego possessing players, like Pacman and T.O. is pretty bad, too. Jones is an asshole; Snyder *may* be an idiot.

Kellen Winslow to the Bucs is probably a better deal for the Browns than for the Buccaneers. Depends on whether or not Winslow remains injury prone playing for an NFC team. He's a long trip to DL or two away from being a back-up or out of the league.

I honestly don't care where Rex Grossman ends up, as long as its not with the Cowboys or Titans. (Although, I'd love it if the Redskins signed him, so I could throw it in my father's face) Grossman is probably going to end up as a backup, anyway, when he really should be headed to the Arena Football League if he doesn't end up on a team with a decent QB coach.

The Cowboys need to sign a locker room leader who can come in and kick some ass, knocking some sense into the team. They've got the talent (Romo choking late in the season aside), but some of them really need an attitude adjustment. I'm glad Pacman is gone, will laugh at whichever team is stupid enough to sign him, and hope Romo gets the boot too if he chokes again next season.

I'm wondering what will happen with the Chiefs and Tony Gonzalez after what went down last year.

I love the KC trade for Vrabel. First, it means I can like Vrabel again. Second, it gives KC a damn decent defensive player and a freakishly awesome option on offense. Third, it means Tommy and his kin cry like retarded babies.

10/10 move imo.

nonono, Vrabel's a cheap-shotting douchebag. And once you go Pat, you can never go back.