The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Looks like DC is off to Stoke.

For Brazil he should play Danny Collins,

For Brazil he should play up front,

For Brazil he should play Danny Collins,

Danny Collins what a skillful cunt

Gonna miss him but it's really been a case since SB came in of "out with the passion and in with the talent + passion" to be honest. DC is limited in ability, he was loved by the majority of fans but was poor over the half way line and these days your RB and LB need to be as good attacking as they do defensively.

In the middle he was good, but we've signed Mensah and Da Silva (both who can play on full and centre back) so I assume Collins is surplus to requirements. Hopefully we can get Figueroa in and we have to hope Mensah and Da Silva are up to scratch.

Portsmouth have signed Michael Brown from Wigan and Kevin-Prince Boateng from Spurs for a combined fee of about £4m. I'm not really bothered about losing Boateng, he wasn't great. Pompey also want Jamie O'Hara on loan although I don't see them getting him, he's a useful player and one we definitely need to hold onto.

Michael Brown was a "nominal" fee, Boateng was £4m. Which is surely over the odds for a player who only played 14 times for Spurs.

Yeah that really is quite surprising, I'd have thought Michael Brown would command more of a fee than Boateng if anything.

And Harry said he's happy to let O'Hara join Pompey on loan, to get some first team football. I'm surprised, because I would have expected him to play a fair few games for Tottenham.

It's now completed, O'Hara has signed a new contract at Spurs but joined Pompey on loan until January. I don't like it, we have decent depth to the squad because of players like O'Hara, loaning him out for more playing time seems ridiculous because he'd probably have been one of our more used substitutes and he's a solid replacement for a few games if Modric or one of the CMs has injury or suspension troubles. It also takes away an option at left back, leaving us very thin on the left side of the team if BAE or Modric cannot play.

Modric limped off today. Bale is injured. O'Hara's out on loan.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I'm not sure whether Bale is injured (he probably is, he always is) or whether he's just not getting into the team. Either way Redknapp seems content to have Keane/Dos Santos providing cover on the left. Hopefully Modric isn't out for a long time though, we could really use him against United. If we can sign that Oscar Chavez and perhaps another midfielder, I think we should be set.

Sounds increasingly like Turner will be a Sunderland player before long. I think he's a good player and with a day left it's hard to barter but £12m is going to be a bit steep. The first player signed from Bruce where I don't think we've got a "fair" price.

Whatever the hell fair is in todays market.

Turner completes his move to Sunderland. I really like what Bruce has done in the transfer market, I think they'll have a good season.

Sky Sports reports that Spurs are closing in on the signing of Nico Kranjcar and have made an enquiry about Martin Petrov. I would love to get Kranjcar, not only would he be a great replacement while Modric is out but he could force Huddlestone out of the line-up full time.

There's one of those 'rumours' doing the rounds on the Liverpool forums that Benjani has been spotted at Melwood. It's obviously bollocks, but this time last year it was the likes of Henry and Silva sneaking into JLA just before the deadline. How far our expectations have fallen :(

Robbie Keane is still Cog to me. I'll be surprised if Liverpool sign anyone today and if they do it'll probably surprise me knowing how Rafa can be :shifty: