The England thread

Allardyce would do a fantastic job with England. He wouldn't have illusions of grandeur that the team has had for the past 50 years and he'd put together a team that might actually have backbone for once.

England are a shit team and Big Sam is the expert of getting the most out of a shit team. Typically by out tacticing the other manager!

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

Isn't that exactly what people said about Hodgson?

I wouldn't put Hodgson in that category. Hodgson is fine but he showed himself as inept tactically with England, he really didn't have clue how to lay out his team and get the best from them.

Big Sam would excel in that regard and wouldn't be scared of the all the shite that comes with the England job. I think Klinsmann would also do great. If Howe took the job it'd be a McClaren style career suicide, it's not the right time for him.

16 minutes ago, TCO said:

I wouldn't put Hodgson in that category. Hodgson is inept tactically, he really didn't have clue how to lay out his team and get the best from them.

Fixed that for you. :shifty:

Hodgson is an awful manager. He was well out of his depth as England manager.

I mean, Big Sam's teams play terrible football too but he's got a bit more brains than The Hodge

• Like 1

I just want to see proper wingers, just get down the line and cross! Centre backs that lump it foward instead of fannying around trying to pass it like a ponce! Proper tackling! Leather balls! Going to the game with a farthing, getting a burger AND having change to go to the flicks after! Jumpers for goalposts!

How fucking old are you?

I don't think my kids are grasping this whole 'play out from the back' philosophy that I'm trying to establish. The goalkeeper plays it short to the defender, who looks up and then whacks it as hard as he can up the pitch. Myke would be proud.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gazz said:

How fucking old are you?

I don't think my kids are grasping this whole 'play out from the back' philosophy that I'm trying to establish. The goalkeeper plays it short to the defender, who looks up and then whacks it as hard as he can up the pitch. Myke would be proud.

Sign him to Orient

• Like 1

The squad being taken for it:

Goalkeepers: Freddy Woodman (Newcastle), Sam Howes (West Ham)

Defenders: Jonjoe Kenny, Callum Connolly (both Everton), Tyler Moore (RC Lens), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Kyle Walker-Peters (Spurs), Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Jordan Rossiter (Rangers), Joshua Onomah (Spurs), Ryan Ledson (Everton), Reece Oxford (West Ham), Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Arsenal)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Dominic Solanke, Isaiah Brown (all Chelsea), Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool), Ademola Lookman (Charlton)