The England thread

Maybe 10 years ago, but just looking at that list of candidates for the job now should be enough to tell you this isn't exactly a sought after job anymore.  I think Diego Simeone could do a hell of a lot better than England, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see it.

I'd be happy with AVB, definitely.

Some strange part of me kinda wants to see how Wenger would do with it, but I'd not want to see the job in limbo for a year. Plus, it's not like we can appoint him as a long-term successor to Roy as surely he only has a few years left in the game himself.

Until we stop overhyping average players like Raheem Sterling were going nowhere. Guy cost £50m, is on £150k a week, I would be surprised if he made it onto the Real Madrid bench. No wonder were walking into games thinking we've already won, these players must be walking around thinking they are Gods.

• Like 1

I think that's unfair on Raheem. He's an exceptional player for his age with loads of promise - but he's still only 21.

He's nowhere near a finished player. He's going to play in fits and starts. That's what young players do.

If anything I feel like Sterling is a bit of a victim of modern football.

There's absolutely nothing that's exceptional about Raheem Stering. It's that kind of attitude that I'm talking about. He was the worst player on the pitch every time he played for England at the Euros, yet he's probably one of the highest paid players at the whole tournament and I can think of many more players at the tournament who cost in excess of £50m.

• Like 2

I love that one "England must have studied video after video of this!"

Can you honestly imagine this bunch of primadonna, useless twats sitting around watching videos of Iceland's throw-ins?  They're too busy listening to their shit Grime music or whatever the fuck it's called through their BEATZ headphones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

His left foot is no better than mine, I don't understand how a 50m player can be so one footed. 

To be fair, Messi, Robben and countless others are ridiculously one-footed. Robben literally just cuts in from the right every time and he's bear impossible to stop.

Raheem just isn't good enough to get away with it!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brenchill said:

I love that one "England must have studied video after video of this!"

Can you honestly imagine this bunch of primadonna, useless twats sitting around watching videos of Iceland's throw-ins?  They're too busy listening to their shit Grime music or whatever the fuck it's called through their BEATZ headphones.

I did find it hilarious just before the goal when Hoddle started going on about how cultured Premier League players wouldn't be used to big throws and long balls. Everyone in England plays like Arsenal apparently.

• Like 3

This snobbery of long throws has always been ridiculous, dating back to the Delap days. If you have a player with that rare ability and you don't utilise it then you're an idiot.

Wenger was chief whinger too, shudder the thought teams don't pass the ball to death before daring to take a shot. I can't stand the elitism in football when "big" teams are beaten. Joachim Low's saltiness after we beat them with a hoof to Shane Long was particularly hilarious! 

• Like 2