The England thread

This is such a confusing formation which is pretty much putting limitations on all of the best players. And Harry Kane is taking corners.

Speaking of Kane he is one of FIVE Spurs players in this line-up.

Also, I've said it before, but these red socks have got to go. The shirt is quite nice but I will never understand why they chose bright red to go with the white/grey color scheme.

And what the hell were they trying to do with the pitch lines?

You've got two strikers who've got 50 goals or thereabouts between them this season drifting wide. Rooney playing up front when he's now become more of a midfield player and you've got Dele Alli, the most natural number Ten England's had in god knows how long out on the left and a grafting centre mid in Milner out on the right. They've taken Wilshere who hasn't played  regularly and left out Drinkwater, the only real cover for the defensive midfielders and he's took one out and out winger in Sterling and neglected to pick any others. 

Absolutely Clueless... 

I bet this comes back to bite me on the arse mind. 

• Like 1

That has got to be the highest challenge with the feet that I've ever seen... 

1 minute ago, Chris2K said:

Bruno Alves sent off for what can only be described as an attempt at a Helluva Kick on Harry Kane.

It was well executed, but Kane may get some heat for no-selling the move.

That's what they're told to do these days, the fans are paying to see them compete at their best.

Also, fun fact: I (a goal hanging striker) was once substituted in youth football after one of our defenders got sent off and we wanted another defender on. I responded by bursting into tears.

Whoever the commentator was banging on about 'English spirit' when Kane didn't stay on the floor after the Alves challenge can fuck right off with his xenophobic stereotypes. It's not because he's English, it's because he's Harry bloody Kane. Daftee. 

• Like 1