The England thread

59 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Delph and Townsend out make sense, would have preferred Drinkwater over Wilshere. Ridiculous he's even in. If Hodgson doesn't include Walcott cause he hasn't played enough, how does Wilshere get in off the back of what, one start in a year?

Walcott is utter garbage, so there's that.

Wilshere is a quality player (when fit), so his inclusion shouldn't be that surprising. He also brings something different to Drinkwater I think.

I still think Drinkwater ahould have gone, just not in place of Wilshere.

Edited by Whisper

I'm not really shocked about the squad choice because it's Roy Hodgson and he's shit.  

Only thing I find baffling is the shortage of centre half's. 

If we are going 433 I think taking Rashford and Sturridge will be to do with where he sees them both playing rather than classing them as a striker.

You've got Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Sterling, Lallana, Sturridge and Rashford as forwards. Split them into central and outwide you've got arguably 4 who will play outwide and 3 central. 

I can't tell if Metalman edited my quote in the first place to suit his latest attempt at hilarity, or edited it afterwards to make his post look like it made sense.

Either way, he's Scottish, so I'm not sure what he's doing in here.

:shifty:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Adam said:

I can't tell if Metalman edited my quote in the first place to suit his latest attempt at hilarity, or edited it afterwards to make his post look like it made sense.

Either way, he's Scottish, so I'm not sure what he's doing in here.

:shifty:

He secretly supports England

• Like 1

Drinkwater was great this season but he also played alongside a fantastic midfielder in a formation that England have no way of replicating so I can see why he's staying home, having said England's only hope of doing well is aiming for a balls to the wall attack and hoping for the best.