UEFA Champions League 2009/10 Thread

stokeriño

I'm not writing Arsenal off just because i did last time i thought Barca have dominated them first half but Messi wow words cannot describe just how good he is. He'd beat me in a 1 on 1 blindfolded, with both arms tied behind his back and only using his weaker foot thats for sure :P

I got to say that the defense at the 4th goal was just appaling.

They where standing there whilst Messi got the field and they couldnt even clear the ball decently, wich resulted in the 4th goal for Messi.

Kudo's to the kid for scoring four times though. (Y)

Barca/Inter that should be an interesting match hopefully a good game as well. I mean Barca won against them in the group stages and they drew the other game so should be interesting but i think Barca will make it to the final again. I'm looking forward to the Man.Utd game as after conceading that late goal and without Rooney can they bounce back from the defeat in the first leg and the chelsea defeat

Edited by davidmarrio

Let's fucking pray he doesn't win a World Cup then, because I couldn't bare to see him billed as the greatest ever. That said, sensational again last night.

Terrified for tonight, pretty unpredictable really. I'm hoping he doesn't play Berbatov up front on his own, otherwise I'll be worried. We'll need to step up our performance from the Chelsea game and hopefully we can get an early goal to settle any nerves.

• Like 1

Let's fucking pray he doesn't win a World Cup then, because I couldn't bare to see him billed as the greatest ever. That said, sensational again last night.

Terrified for tonight, pretty unpredictable really. I'm hoping he doesn't play Berbatov up front on his own, otherwise I'll be worried. We'll need to step up our performance from the Chelsea game and hopefully we can get an early goal to settle any nerves.

Why not? If he guides Argentina to a World Cup....yeah, he's probably the greatest ever.

Glad Robben is fit for tonight. Gonna be interesting to see how Evra does against Robben.

I'm ridiculously nervous about the match tonight. I just don't think we can stop them from scoring but we have to limit them to just the one. I have a horrible feeling it'll finish 2-1 to us and we'll have to beat the Germans in a penalty shootout. In terms of the team we put out, I'm guessing we'll go with Berbatov up on his own again with Park behind him. I'd put Valencia and Nani on the wings. I think them three and Fletcher should provide us with enough pace and urgency to counter Bayern's threat and hopefully grab a few goals too.

I'm not really going to get into it. For me he's fantastic, but he isn't the greatest player ever and even if Argentina win the World Cup, he still wont be the greatest ever in my mind. I still believe there's two players in the game who are as good as him right now, but it's just a matter of opinion. Greatest or not, he's clearly sensational.

• Like 1

I'm ridiculously nervous about the match tonight. I just don't think we can stop them from scoring but we have to limit them to just the one. I have a horrible feeling it'll finish 2-1 to us and we'll have to beat the Germans in a penalty shootout. In terms of the team we put out, I'm guessing we'll go with Berbatov up on his own again with Park behind him. I'd put Valencia and Nani on the wings. I think them three and Fletcher should provide us with enough pace and urgency to counter Bayern's threat and hopefully grab a few goals too.

Pretty sure I read somewhere Macheda will most likely start with Berba.

Pretty sure I read somewhere Macheda will most likely start with Berba.

I'm hoping that is the case to be honest. The only thing with that is that it'll leave us with no attackers on the bench (where the hell is Diouf?) and if in danger, we wouldn't have that extra attacker to throw on, unless he leaves Nani on the bench. I'd love it if SAF actually said 'fuck Neville' tonight, because he's the real danger in our defence. I never thought I'd be happy to see the day that O'Shit returned :wub:

• Like 1

I'm not really going to get into it. For me he's fantastic, but he isn't the greatest player ever and even if Argentina win the World Cup, he still wont be the greatest ever in my mind. I still believe there's two players in the game who are as good as him right now, but it's just a matter of opinion. Greatest or not, he's clearly sensational.

Let me guess, Rooney and Ronaldo.

What a surprise that would be.

• Like 2

Let me guess, Rooney and Ronaldo.

What a surprise that would be.

Yes, what a gigantic surprise that is :w00t:

• Like 1