UEFA Champions League 2009/10 Thread

stokeriño

Not always.

If you clear the first ball you want to push out to stop a second ball coming straight back, but this is almost impossible with players on the post because they'll just play two or three attackers onside.

Sometimes it works, other times you'll gift the opposition a goal because they've been played onside and left in acres of space. It's not as simple as men on the post automatically reducing the likelihood of a goal.

I'd rather have someone tracking Robben then a man on both posts i mean when Robben had the shot there were 7 Man.U players in the box, 4 Bayern players in the box with Robben and another player on the edge of the box. When the corner was took there was just a big gap left for Robben with 6 Man.U players in the 6 yard box i think marking of Robben more than marking of the near post is more in question

Makes a nice change to have no English teams in the Champions League because see them every week anyway. >_>

Actually, apart from Kilmarnock and Scotland doing dreadfully this has been a pretty ideal season for me.

- Rangers and Celtic are both doing a bit shit

- Man Utd and Liverpool out of Europe

- Liverpool doing badly in the league

- Man Utd hopefully not going to win the league

- Man Utd out the cup

- Thierry Henry made Irish people whine for months and months

- Thierry Henry made Irish people whine for months and months

Pfft at least we got a play-off place. Thanks for McGeady and McCarthy though. Oh yeah I went there and good luck against Spain and Czech Republic in the Euros. (Y)

The more I look at the semi-final line-up, the more I'm disappointed Man Utd got knocked out, despite my disdain for them. Lyon or Bayern in the final just doesn't do it for me and the form Rooney's in deserves a Champions League final showcase.

Edited by The Cool One
  • Like 1

were still in the Champions Leagues bastard child known as the Europa League.

Be an interesting if Barca get the final cause it'll be a huge kick in the balls of Madrid if Barca won the Champions League on their ground but i can see the Inter/Barca game going either way depending on if Inter can play like they did at Stamford Bridge as Sneijder had a stormer that game and Eto'o had lots of chances to put the game away but if Messi has another blinder like he did against Arsenal and with Iniesta coming back in the game against Arsenal i think Barca beat Inter.

With Bayern/Lyon personally i think Bayern have got the better overall squad but i really wouldn't be suprised if Lyon came through. I can see this going to extra time

Oh, when you said season I didn't think you were referring to one loss a week ago. In that case, looks like ManU is doing a bit shit seeing as they too are sitting in a top 2 position but lost to Burnley :P Wait, seeing as how Rangers is 10+ pts atop the table, MAN-U IS DOING WORSE THAN RANGERS ! OMG !

sorry, I kid.

Gutted doesn't even explain how I feel about that after going 3-0 up, that should of been dead and buried. Got to admit I was wrong in thinking we'd breeze passed them, they had us up against the wall for the entire second half, so credit to them. It's even more hurtful though knowing we let two weak goals slip in the first leg and then a pathetic first goal last night. Carrick had possibly his worst game of the season, I don't get why he was even on the field after that horrendous end to the first half.

The plus side is Nani and Rafael. Nani had probably the best game I've seen him have in a long time, he's completely won me over now. And despite the stupid red for Rafael, he was immense up until then, again probably his best performance ever in a United shirt. Managed to handle a great player in Ribery and looks great going forward, hopefully we play this guy over Neville for every game remaining. Gutted for him really and hopefully his confidence isn't broken after that yellow. He's a young talent and made a mistake, so he doesn't deserve to be crucified.

Overall disappointed no end. I'll be cheering on every single England team next year, because this has made me realise how much I hate all of our teams being knocked out. My interest in the tournament has almost faded, I guess the only hope left is Inter, which I thought I'd never say. Inter/Lyon final please.

• Like 2