General Television Thread

Hellfire

I actually wasn't into episode two as much. Without the over-the-top ridiculousness of the first episode it's just sort of villain of the week right now.

Just watched the first episode of Episodes and it was okay, but there wasn't really much other than setting up the story in the episode. I didn't really look at what the show was about before watching it and just remembered seeing this promo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BaZIAlQnAY

I thought the show was going to be centered around LeBlanc not being cast to play himself and his career in general. I guess there is still more room in future episodes for that.

Greek is wonderful. It's horrible to think that this is the last series, because it walk the line between comedy and teen drama so well. And I love every member of the cast, I think Evan is probably one of the biggest examples of character evolution that's currently still on television. I'm pretty much going to have to re-watch all of it soon. I'm actually quite glad Ashley is going to in this series a lot less, her character got a little grating towards the end of the last series.

And man, I don't think I've laughed so hard in months at the opening to this episode.

Watched first episode of that "Episodes", a bit meh. I fucking hate Tamsin Greig though, so that might be why. Fuck yeah for the bloke from "Pie In The Sky" though. The blonde one from "Man Stroke Woman" showing up as an American was weird too. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Lights Out was pretty good, I'm checking out Shameless next. Does anyone here watch Southland? I really like the show, may be my favourite cop show currently airing.

Watched first episode of that "Episodes", a bit meh. I fucking hate Tamsin Greig though, so that might be why. Fuck yeah for the bloke from "Pie In The Sky" though. The blonde one from "Man Stroke Woman" showing up as an American was weird too. :shifty:

I was essentially just watching it in the hope Matt LeBlanc turned up as an awesome, completely arrogant caricature of himself but he was barely in this episode and seemed like quite a normal guy. And Tamsin Greig is completely fucking annoying, she'll definitely ruin my interest.

And ooh, Greek is back? Awesome. Though it's sad to think it'll be gone soon :(

I remember Lost Soul in here talking about Sopranos a couple of months ago so I started watching it too. I obviously love it, as anybody with the username "Pesci" would. But even past all the gangster shit, it's wonderful. I'm busting out like five episodes a day at the moment.

Ahahaha the first few minutes of The Cape have made me laugh twice out loud. I don't care if it's cheesy I will watch this forever if it brings me more laughs like that.

Watched the pilot. Cheesy as hell, but strangely enjoyable so I'll probably keep watching. It's like a B Film plot, but then well executed with decent/good actors.

This week's Saturday Night Live sucked donkey balls, despite Gwyneth Paltrow being the guest host. Only a couple of sketches were even funny (and one of them only really chuckle-worthy). BUT....the digital short guest starring Anderson Cooper and the legend himself,

Pee Wee Herman

was awesome. Definitely recommend looking for it.

Edited by GhostMachine

Honestly, after Jane Lynch and Bryan Cranston having bad episodes I've finally realized that the only hosts where the show being better is assured are the top tier ones (Hanks, Walken, Martin, Goodman who I don't think has even hosted in forever, Baldwin, and I think Jon Hamm is on his way). I didn't expect much from Paltrow and was at least pleasantly surprised by her monologue.

Wow. WOOOOW. The second episode of Episodes is EXCRUCIATING.

It's one silly cliche after another. I admit I did laugh at the gate scene at the end, but for a supposed comedy it simply is not funny. And don't get me started on the ridiculous unlikable characters. First Showtime series I have seen in forever that is that bad, but to be fair I've never watched Nurse Jackie or United States Of Tara.

Wow. WOOOOW. The second episode of Episodes is EXCRUCIATING.

I've not seen the second one, it airs tonight over here, but if it's anything like the first one then you can cross me off from watching anything further. Considering the cast it had a shitload of potential and lived up to exactly zero of it.

I admit I did laugh at the gate scene at the end, but for a supposed comedy it simply is not funny.

The fact that that joke has been visited 4 UNFUNNY times in 2 episodes, is beyond me. And the fact that they don't know what character Matt LeBlanc wants to be on the show is another fucking point of idiocy. Seriously, he played like 3 different characters in that episode.

The show is indecisive, not funny, and downright spiteful in the worst way. "Do you think Lacrosse is too... Lacrossey?" Fuck you.

Sooo The Cape.

Looks like they're already setting Orwell up to be Chess' daughter, huh.

Also, Keith David makes this show.