General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just got the second season DVD of the Simpsons. Which episodes should I watch first, EWB? I've already watched "Bart Gets An F" (didn't like it that much, though) and "Dead Putting Society" (glorious, Ned Flanders is amazing).

Also, watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes of Modern Family. Great stuff, quality in comedy is really picking up after the crap in the third season.

Phil's-osophy is the greatest thing.

NBC just cancelled thier Dane Cook sitcom before airing a single episode. With Animal Practice and Guys With Kids probably not long for this world, this puts Community and Parks and Rec in a not-horrible position.

Oh Veronica Mars, where have you been all my life?

I'm halfway through Season 1 and it is a really fun show. Plus, Aaron Paul stars in one episode :w00t:.

Oh man, I totally missed Aaron Paul because I had no clue who he was when I watched season one of Veronica Mars all those years ago. Veronica Mars is a show that has a shit-ton of awesome guest stars. My favorite is probably Joss Whedon as the asshole car rental guy.

Also, fair warning, season 3 is a huge drop-off in quality and it only got better at the very end, which pretty much ends in a cliffhanger :(

I heard as much, but I got the whole boxset really cheap so I'll take the bad with the good :shifty:. So far it is really good though and even the lesser episodes still have Kristen Bell being awesome. Veronica's father is really fun as well.

Down in the Treme:

Motherfucker ain't comin'.

:crying:

This was fucking good. Waiting for Godot is great anyways, but that comment was absolutely magnificent.

Down in the Treme:

Motherfucker ain't comin'.

:crying:

This was fucking good. Waiting for Godot is great anyways, but that comment was absolutely magnificent.

Toni's reaction - to the play, to that comment - was great as well. Also I do not trust Sophia's boyfriend, is that just me?

Toni's reaction - to the play, to that comment - was great as well. Also I do not trust Sophia's boyfriend, is that just me?

No, I get the same vibe, but I think it's mainly because she still looks so freaking young and innocent.