General Television Thread

Hellfire

Man I like Modern Family. I don't love it, but it's pretty damn solid and I've grown to appreciate that from my comedy shows.

And god damn, Claire is gorgeous. I couldn't care less about Sofia Vergara, it's all about Clarie. :wub:

RE: Treme's Final Season.

It's both generous and dumb. From a business perspective (HBO's perspective), it's lucky to be getting that much. From a "the world needs more than 10 of us to take the time to give shows like this a goddamn try, because fuuuuuuuck it's good" perspective, it's dumb.

Did anyone watch the last episode of The Thick Of It last night? Glenn's resignation rant was fantastic, as was Stuart's appraisal of the 'Conservatives.'

I've spent ten years detoxifying this party. It's been a bit like renovating an old, old house, yeah? You can take out a sexist beam here, a callous window there, replace the odd homophobic roof tile, but after a while you realise this renovation is doomed because the foundations are built upon what I can only describe as a solid bed of cunts.
  • Like 1

Yeah, the show really gets more consistently good after Scorpion. Especially when the show brings up how BS it is for Tom to get demoted to Ensign, then promoted to Lt. (j.g.) and the entire time, Harry's there being the ideal JO, but he stays an Ensign.

Yeah, the show really gets more consistently good after Scorpion. Especially when the show brings up how BS it is for Tom to get demoted to Ensign, then promoted to Lt. (j.g.) and the entire time, Harry's there being the ideal JO, but he stays an Ensign.

I managed to watch the entirety of S4 over the weekend, Seven really does have chemistry with everyone. The only one I've not seen her get any real interraction with is B'Elanna (sp?), which could be really fun. The show as a whole feels far more complete, I always felt that Kes was just a lazy character - too damned nice, a source of cheap friction between Neelix and Paris, a stalling block for The Doctor as a character, and a dull piece of deus ex machina when needed - so I'm thoroughly glad she's gone too.

Down in the Treme, something three seasons in the making:

Actual footage of an actual Eyehategod show! Took long enough. Also, seems like Albert's falling for LaDonna - that could be interesting.

I was almost certain Sonny's relapse was gonna kill him. Glad it didn't. And I just now caught on to the fact that Colson's informing on the NOPD to the FBI, isn't he?