General Television Thread

Hellfire

I liked the Killing, but can't really see how they could drag another series out since they solved the titular killing. That said, I've never watched the unpronounceable Danish version so if it follows that plot they've just gone to Series 3.

I haven't commented on them much recently (having a hard time staying caught up), but Treme and Boardwalk Empire have continued to be great. I give Treme a lot of love constantly, but I should say that Boardwalk's last 2 episodes (actually the last 3, but I already commented on Sunday Best) were particularly great.

Speaking of Treme:

So, the shit with the matches - that's those guys threatening to burn LaDonna's bar down, isn't it? I was on AV Club earlier and someone pointed out in the comments that there's a promo for season 3 that features a burning building. I hope it's not GiGi's, LaDonna's been through so much shit.

aw man, only two more episodes left. :(

Speaking of Treme:

So, the shit with the matches - that's those guys threatening to burn LaDonna's bar down, isn't it? I was on AV Club earlier and someone pointed out in the comments that there's a promo for season 3 that features a burning building. I hope it's not GiGi's, LaDonna's been through so much shit.

aw man, only two more episodes left. :(

Maybe her house too. I think the implication is that they're capable of anything. And I reeeeeeaaally want her to get justice on this.

Yeah, I do too. Actually, I would kind of like to see Albert have one glorious moment where he kicks the shit out of one of those guys before dying..

Yeah, I do too. Actually, I would kind of like to see Albert have one glorious moment where he kicks the shit out of one of those guys before dying..

I don't want to get in the habit of fantasy booking Treme, but that would indeed be awesome. Actually, I'm just now remembering what he did to that kid way back when.

I liked the way last season started, honestly, if just for Tom eliminating that one douche before he even got to make anything. This way was better, though.

I stopped watching after... I think it was Edward got eliminated, though. I just didn't care about anyone left and I watch competitive reality shows for the personalities.

CBS's revamp of the Eddie Murphy movie "Beverly Hills Cop" has found its lead.

Brandon T. Jackson, who played Alpa Chino in the 2008 comedy "Tropic Thunder," has been tapped to star in the pilot, an individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap on Tuesday.

Also read: "Beverly Hills Cop" Pilot Lands at CBS

As previously reported, the pilot will focus on Aaron, the son of Axel Foley (Murphy). A blue-collar police officer, the younger Foley works to take down the criminal elements of the rich and famous, while trying to escape from under his father's long shadow. Sony Pictures Television is producing the project.

Murphy will appear in the pilot and may recur if the pilot goes to series. Murphy will also executive produce with Marney Hochman and "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan, who will write the pilot and serve as showrunner.

CBS has given a production commitment to the project.

Could have potential?

CBS's revamp of the Eddie Murphy movie "Beverly Hills Cop" has found its lead.

Brandon T. Jackson, who played Alpa Chino in the 2008 comedy "Tropic Thunder," has been tapped to star in the pilot, an individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap on Tuesday.

Also read: "Beverly Hills Cop" Pilot Lands at CBS

As previously reported, the pilot will focus on Aaron, the son of Axel Foley (Murphy). A blue-collar police officer, the younger Foley works to take down the criminal elements of the rich and famous, while trying to escape from under his father's long shadow. Sony Pictures Television is producing the project.

Murphy will appear in the pilot and may recur if the pilot goes to series. Murphy will also executive produce with Marney Hochman and "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan, who will write the pilot and serve as showrunner.

CBS has given a production commitment to the project.

Could have potential?

It's on CBS so I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, I like Ryan but it's just going to end up a lame procedural.

So I just watched last week's Grey's Anatomy, finally.

Why do my favorite characters keep leaving or dying? First, they off Ellis, even though she was one of the more compelling recurring characters on the show. Then, they kill George. Then they kill two of the new residents, even though one of them actually seemed like his character had legs. Finally, they off Lexie Grey and Mark Sloan. Combined with the fact that two other characters that start out as patients and end up as romantic partners to a couple of the doctors die due to medical complications.

Never mind that Preston Burke, Izzy Stevens, and Teddy Altman all up and leave, and they visibly fire some of the more well-known nurses. And now, the old man at the Mayo Clinic has a heart attack and passes away in the OR.

Seriously, just once it would be nice to know that everybody is just going to live.

holy shit; the end of season 2 of SoA. :crying:

I can't remember..who died?

Half-Sack died and Abel was abducted to Ireland.

I thought that ending was kind of over-the-top soap-y, personally. I liked the endings to seasons one and three better.

I thought that ending was kind of over-the-top soap-y, personally. I liked the endings to seasons one and three better.

OH yea..so much stuff has happened on that show, I forgot that was "only" then end of season two when that all went down

Next victim of the fall season is Partners on CBS, which I'm pretty sure none of us have watched but Brandon Routh was in it so I feel bad for yet another thing he's been involved in not really working out.

I can agree with that. I think what I liked most about that season was how AJ Weston's death was kind of humanizing - here's this ugly white supremacist, but when he's cornered he resigns himself to his fate and I think what got me the most was how he told his son to run away and never tell anyone what happened.

It could just be because Henry Rollins is fantastic, though.