General Television Thread

Hellfire

Yeah, I was coming in here to post that. It probably just wasn't getting good ratings. I watched the first episode and it was solid but I quickly realized I didn't care if I watched more or not.

666 Park Avenue is gone too, for the nobody who cares about that.

I might have to drop Arrow just because I watched the Deadshot episode and they completely dropped the ball on him. That's really hard to forgive.

Normally I'd agree but I actually find the show pretty solid and have been enjoying it (I also don't have a connection to the comics so I can forgive them) and have a feeling that was more of a decoy than anything else.

Yea, I'm enjoying Arrow. But like Livid, I dont have much of a connection to the comic, so theres nothing about it that I can really say bad about

Oh, yeah, people who don't really care about the comics have no reason to give a shit. But Deadshot is one of my favorite DC Characters, so being reduced to a one-dimensional guy who isn't actually that great at what he's supposed to do was a bummer.

On the whole the show's decent enough.

Next victim of the fall season is Partners on CBS, which I'm pretty sure none of us have watched but Brandon Routh was in it so I feel bad for yet another thing he's been involved in not really working out.

I watched one and a half episode, the pilot was ok, but it quickly went downhill.

So apparently Last Resort has been cancelled? I haven't kept up with it, but I remember hearing it get good reviews. What happened?

Some of the best shows get cancelt. The cast also feels like it has a ton of people i only see on cancelt shows.

A bid sad here, i enjoied watching it to a certain degree but it did not fully live p to what it promised. What i disliked most was that i cared more for the story on the mainland instead of what was going on on the island. Still the best new show of this season.

It seems that every network is expecting its shows to be blockbusters out of the gate. NBC gave Seinfeld three seasons to reach its apex. Nowadays, a show is lucky if FOX even greenlight it. Then again, Last Resort seems a bit directionless lately, and they're playing all their cards way too early. Some of the stuff should have been saved until the end of the series, but instead it's being used as a way to draw in viewers.

ABC really needs to check to see that the writers of a series have a full plan for the season instead of the first few episodes. That's what shot Flash Forward in the foot - they knew what the last episode was, and what the pilot was, but it seemed like everything else was just thrown in there for kicks.

It seems that every network is expecting its shows to be blockbusters out of the gate. FOX gave Seinfeld three seasons to reach its apex. Nowadays, a show is lucky if FOX even greenlight it. Then again, Last Resort seems a bit directionless lately, and they're playing all their cards way too early. Some of the stuff should have been saved until the end of the series, but instead it's being used as a way to draw in viewers.

ABC really needs to check to see that the writers of a series have a full plan for the season instead of the first few episodes. That's what shot Flash Forward in the foot - they knew what the last episode was, and what the pilot was, but it seemed like everything else was just thrown in there for kicks.

NBC.

It seems that every network is expecting its shows to be blockbusters out of the gate. FOX gave Seinfeld three seasons to reach its apex. Nowadays, a show is lucky if FOX even greenlight it. Then again, Last Resort seems a bit directionless lately, and they're playing all their cards way too early. Some of the stuff should have been saved until the end of the series, but instead it's being used as a way to draw in viewers.

NBC.

Fixed, thanks, it's just that FOX is the local network that airs Seinfeld reruns, so I always get that confused.

Last Resort wasn't all that great, 666 Park Avenue was depending on the episode nothing special or utter shit.

The last two episodes of Arrow were probably the best yet, so you might want to watch those at least GoGo and if you don't like 'em you can still drop it. And yes, Deadshot wasn't handled well.

Yeah, Terriers concluded somewhat ok. Now it´s a bid hard to do the same with a banana republic that has nukes but maybe they can do something in the editing room.

I agree on the cancelations though. I think stuff like the wire was only kept around because the HBO Boss liked it. At least for the later Seasons they never considered it profitable.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Yeah. It never really had the time to build up a diehard fanbase and even then, ABC isn't really a "this has a diehard fanbase so let's let it string along" network. That's been Fox (Fringe) and NBC (Community, Chuck).

Yeah. It never really had the time to build up a diehard fanbase and even then, ABC isn't really a "this has a diehard fanbase so let's let it string along" network. That's been Fox (Fringe) and NBC (Community, Chuck).

Which is kind of funny when you consider that both NBC and Fox have canceled shows after only two episodes in the last couple of years.