General Television Thread

Hellfire

I will get to Boardwalk in a minute.

But just a minute ago on Treme...

Davis just said "and all the pieces matter." Awesome.

..I don't get it, I guess.

Good episode though.

Oh, holy shit, yeah. I can't believe I forgot that.

Also, I just found out the guy that plays Harley's friend "Slim" Jim is Spider Stacy from The Pogues. Awesome.

Okay, Boardwalk.

Van Alden freaking the fuck out and finally owning one of the douchebags at his job was fantastic. Best scene.

Billie Kent presumably dying was sad both because I liked her and because I'm tired of interesting female characters dying for drama. I guess someone needed to go to up the stakes between everyone and Gyp, though, and Gillian's culpability in it is great.

Meanwhile, I'm watching season four of Sons of Anarchy an episode or two per weekday. It's not great.

Yeah, season 4 of SOA isn't all that great. The first half, especially. The second half of it starts getting better and the end is pretty great. Season 5 is a lot better, and quite depressing to boot.

Okay, Boardwalk.

Van Alden freaking the fuck out and finally owning one of the douchebags at his job was fantastic. Best scene.

Billie Kent presumably dying was sad both because I liked her and because I'm tired of interesting female characters dying for drama. I guess someone needed to go to up the stakes between everyone and Gyp, though, and Gillian's culpability in it is great.

Meanwhile, I'm watching season four of Sons of Anarchy an episode or two per weekday. It's not great.

I was just thinking about that. They keep killing off all of the AWESOME female characters. I really liked Billie too, and was bummed she was caught in the explosion.

Yeah, season 4 of SOA isn't all that great. The first half, especially. The second half of it starts getting better and the end is pretty great. Season 5 is a lot better, and quite depressing to boot.

I find that that's kind of a theme with Sons recently. Slow/meandering first half, then in the back of the season the pace picks up and it ends really well. The only seasons I can think of that didn't sort of follow that are 1 & 2, where 1 served as a perfunctory introduction to Charming, the club, etc. and 2 seemed like it was full-steam ahead the whole way through.

Considering Nazir has been the big bad from before he was even shown on screen, I don't think I need to worry about that :P

Eh, I hadn't started watching it yet and I would've liked to have gone in without any knowledge. I'm sure it won't spoil anything, but for recent series', spoiler tags would be kinda nice. Well for any big series where things seem to rely heavily on twists and such (from what I can understand.)

Homeland is getting odd this season. I like it, but outside of capturing Nazir, I'm not sure where else they can move beyond this season, because Carrie and Brodie are so important to the show, they can't really write either out. I'm hoping they've got something up their sleeves, but it feels like they're writing themselves into a corner with Brodie in particular.

I could easily watch six seasons of nothing but Saul Berenson being a no nonsense badass.

I started watching Fringe recently, i wonder why it took me this long because it's awesome. I like the whole main cast and Walter is becoming one of my favourite tv characters in a while. I'm currently at third episode of second season and i've managed to stay pretty spoiler free so far, but there's one thing i've been wondering. Do those images that appear during episodes have some significance, i have a hard time believing they are just some random shots, but what do i know. I don't want to wander at some bigger spoilers about the show elsewhere so thought to ask about it here.

Edited by The Sandman

I started watching Fringe recently, i wonder why it took me this long because it's awesome. I like the whole main cast and Walter is becoming one of my favourite tv characters in a while. I'm currently at third episode of second season and i've managed to stay pretty spoiler free so far, but there's one thing i've been wondering. Do those images that appear during episodes have some significance, i have a hard time believing they are just some random shots, but what do i know. I don't want to wander at some bigger spoilers about the show elsewhere so thought to ask about it here.

They do.